Windows 10: Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable"

Discus and support Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greg, I cannot tell if you got this message before so I am reposting it here. In regards to the HP Laserjet 1200 printer, as with the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomClayton1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable"

Greg,

I cannot tell if you got this message before so I am reposting it here. In regards to the HP Laserjet 1200 printer, as with the first situation, my computer recognizes the USB connected Laserjet and tries to install it, which it shows was successful, but it was not. This printer worked fine before the Windows 10 Professional reinstall that precipitated this problem.

Below the printer in printers and devices, it says that the "driver is unavailable" (see image). So there are no drivers to uninstall or reinstall. As you can see, the 1200 shows up there but does not show up in Device Manager. When I try to "add printer" and look for the printers that are attached to the computer (as above), it does not find the 1200 printer. How can this be? Windows update does not find this model.

I have all the HP universal print drivers but none of them work; according to the HP website, the UPD PCL5 or PCL6 should work (see list below). What to do?

Thanks!

Tom Clayton

Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable" 88f7108f-95f3-47a4-a22a-7fd1dc99c5c8?upload=true.png

Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable" 34cb0d9d-9810-4490-a12c-f0e14cc33021?upload=true.jpg Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable" fb023999-9f01-4013-90c1-4711e33eb1bf?upload=true.jpg

:)

TomClayton1, Oct 16, 2018

2. HP LaserJet 1200 PCL5 doesn't work on win10

Hi,

Thanks for your fast help!

This is my result:

1) HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.1: twice failed to communicate

2) uninstall printer:

A)

I tried again a print job: "Printer is in an error state"

Removed printer (HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5 -
    USB connection - I also tried another USB port).

B)

On HP web page, looking for drivers:

HP LaserJet 1200 Printer series

Selected operating system: Windows, Windows 10 (64-bit) Change:

We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product.

Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again.

OK, then I used the driver from old Win10 PC.

In the printer list presented both of the printers

HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5 and

HP deskjet 1200 Series PS appear twice.

Chosen HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5....installed and rebooted.

(Print test page: "printer is in error state")

3) Clear spooler: OK

Print page from notepad: "Printer is in error state"(Notepad) or "Error printing on HP LaserJet... (Winword)".

In the printer queue there is the document in error.

JulioTalaverano, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable"

Installation problem HP LaserJet 1200 Series

Can somebody help me?

I can't anymore install my (older) HP LaserJet 1200 Series.

The computer recognized the printer, but I always become the error "Stuurprogramma is niet beschikbaar".

After updating I become:

Microsoft driver update for HP LaserJet 1200 Series PCL 5 - fout 0x80240061

How can I resolve this problem?

Karel Vlieghe, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable"

1. Laserjet 1200 "driver is unavailable" - Similar Threads - Laserjet 1200 driver

2. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer: I've had this printer for a very long time and it continued to work fine in WIN7.Then I I upgraded from WIN7 to WIN10.Printer is USB connected to my computer.After the upgrade and now it does not recognize the device as a printer, rather it is just detected as USB device...
  3. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer: I've had this printer for a very long time and it continued to work fine in WIN7.Then I I upgraded from WIN7 to WIN10.Printer is USB connected to my computer.After the upgrade and now it does not recognize the device as a printer, rather it is just detected as USB device...
  4. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drivers unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers unavailable: I recently bought the Razer Kraken Ultimate. Windows recognized it and tried to set it up, but now it says the drivers are unavailable. I tried to find the drivers, but every website I clicked on did not have what I needed. Is there a way to resolve this issue or should I...
  6. Drivers unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers unavailable: I recently bought the Razer Kraken Ultimate. Windows recognized it and tried to set it up, but now it says the drivers are unavailable. I tried to find the drivers, but every website I clicked on did not have what I needed. Is there a way to resolve this issue or should I...
  7. HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light

HP Laserjet 1200 prints too light: Hello. I know this printer is ancient and slow but I don't know why it prints too light lately (black isn't black but gray). I have checked configuration and economode is turned off. I also reset settings. Any ideas? Maybe the cartrigde is almost empty or failing (but it...
  8. driver unavailable

driver unavailable: I am trying to add my wireless HP Envy 5530 to my laptop computer running Windows 10. I keep getting an error message 'driver unavailable'. It worked perfectly until I got a new power cord for printer. Any suggestions?...
  9. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: I removed my printer connection from my new hp laptop with Windows 10, hoping the download of hp software of same would make the scanner work too (which wasn't working) and instead, now, NEITHER one works, and although my printer "shows up" as a device that is connected it...
  10. Cannot install HP Laserjet 1200 driver -> 1803 [17134.1]

Cannot install HP Laserjet 1200 driver -> 1803 [17134.1]: After pulling my hair out for a while I realised issue was from printers installed from WU. I just downloaded the driver from MS Update catalog and everything is working fine at last.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. why does it say that drivers for hp laserjet 1200 series arent available

3. hp laserjet 1200 driver unavailable

4. laserjet 1200 driver unavailbable,
  5. hp laserjet 1200 driver unavaible,
  6. hp laserjet 1200 says driver unavailable