Windows 10: LaserJet 4 Plus slowly stopped working

Discus and support LaserJet 4 Plus slowly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laserjet 4 Plus that has slowly stopped working. I would tell it to print something and I would have to print several copies before you could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carl Gan, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Carl Gan Win User

LaserJet 4 Plus slowly stopped working

I have a laserjet 4 Plus that has slowly stopped working. I would tell it to print something and I would have to print several copies before you could get a good copy. Once I got a good copy and kept printing it would continue to print fine until it rested for 10 minutes or so then I would have to print several copies again. It got to the point where I had to run more and more copies to get a good print quality. Now no matter how many copies I run it won't print, any ideas?

:)

Carl Gan, Oct 21, 2020
  2. CJ_571 Win User

HP laserjet 4 plus printing problem

HP LaserJet 4 plus printer is not recognized after recent windows 10 updates. Tried downloading the suggested driver from HP site, but could not get it installed.

CJ_571, Oct 21, 2020
  3. quiddam Win User
    Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed".

This printer has both Postscript and PCL personalities.

Thumbnail sketch of what I did:

Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and Scanner>[Clicked on the text, "the printer I want isn't listed"]>chose "Add a local printer" using existing port 10.0.0.81>did Windows Update and each of the following LaserJet drivers for this model of printer failed to install:

HP LaserJet 4 Plus
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 300
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 600
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS (300 dpi)

the USB port mentioned in the 400 day old post on this topic was not a choice.

rig is an i9 7900X running at 4.5GHz w/32 GB Ram with an Asus X299 MOBA.

quiddam, Oct 21, 2020
  4. keithjr Win User

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. LaserJet 4 Plus slowly stopped working - Similar Threads - LaserJet Plus slowly

2. adblock plus extension stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    adblock plus extension stopped working: helloi know this is not really a MS question but all of a sudden my chrome adblock plus extension isn't working. I uninstalledd and reinstalled it. I have no other extensions enabled. I get a window that opens on each and every website when i click on the adblocker icon in...
  3. adblock plus extension stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adblock plus extension stopped working: helloi know this is not really a MS question but all of a sudden my chrome adblock plus extension isn't working. I uninstalledd and reinstalled it. I have no other extensions enabled. I get a window that opens on each and every website when i click on the adblocker icon in...
  4. adblock plus extension stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  6. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer: My Windows 10 crashed and had to reinstall windows 10 as well as all other software. The Windows 10 which crashed did not crash because of the printer driver or printer, however when I reinstalled Windows 10 and other software, Windows does not have the printer drivers for HP...
  7. Need old printer drivers for HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works

HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works: Windows 10 updated and now my HP Laserjet 4 plus will not work nor are any of the trouble shooters of any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-4-plus-no-longer-works/b0d0ea0d-14d9-4935-8f4f-cf597a53a2a6
  9. Keyboard slowly stopping from working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard slowly stopping from working: Hi so I have an issue you see my keyboard was working fine 2 days ago ut all of a sudden it decided to slowly stop working as in some keys weren't exactly doing anything I realized the issue got worse today when I couldn't do anything with my enter key nor my shift key, not...
  10. Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus: Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed"....