Windows 10: Laserjet IIP+

Discus and support Laserjet IIP+ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install a printer on my newly installed Windows 10 Business Laptop. It requires an HP LaserJet IIP+ driver, which I have always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joe DeLustro, May 8, 2019.

1. Laserjet IIP+

I am trying to install a printer on my newly installed Windows 10 Business Laptop. It requires an HP LaserJet IIP+ driver, which I have always successfully installed by manually selecting it through the Windows Update feature of the driver installations. Now, that driver does not appear anywhere. HELP!

:)

Joe DeLustro, May 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 HP Laserjet Support

Guru,

Thank you for the response. I ran the troubleshooter as you suggested but that didn't fix the problem. When I open devices-printers the Laserjet 4 is listed but it has "Default,Error" next to it. also, in device manager the printer queue is there for the
    Laserjet 4 but it is not listed in printers.

My motherboard is an Asus M5A97 EVO with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor.

This problem happens with anything I try to print to the Laserjet 4.

I get a popup saying "printer error".

JohnMerritt_65, May 8, 2019
  3. keithjr Win User
    Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, May 8, 2019
  4. ahowardaz Win User

Laserjet IIP+

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

for those who have a HP (Hewlett Packard) Laserjet 4 or Laserjet 5M I finally found how to connect up the computer to these great printers when OS is Windows 10. Follow step-by-step. This really works!! I love my old printer:

Win 7 with Win 10, and as others have reported the drivers for my older printer did not load.
    Although it is a HP Laserjet 4 plus, that appars to be not so important, other than the fact that the original cable has been replaced with one with a USB connector for my more modern laptop.

After struggling and Googling for far too much time, here is what worked very well.

--press teh Windows icon in the lower left corner
    --select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

ahowardaz, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Laserjet IIP+

1. Laserjet IIP+ - Similar Threads - Laserjet IIP+

2. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  3. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  4. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  6. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  7. where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018: Good night.where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-a-free-driver-for-printer-hp/80a8fa84-18ee-4aa9-87a9-5a5fff071ff8
  8. where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018

where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018: Good night.where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-a-free-driver-for-printer-hp/80a8fa84-18ee-4aa9-87a9-5a5fff071ff8
  9. My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.: My HP LaserJet MT 140we printer is connected to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print. It says Drivers Not Available. When I try to load them, I get nothing. Also, it was working fine until we moved from home to work....
  10. My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.

My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.: My HP LaserJet MT 140we printer is connected to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print. It says Drivers Not Available. When I try to load them, I get nothing. Also, it was working fine until we moved from home to work....