Windows 10: Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed.

Discus and support Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I rolled back for the 4th time on 3 out of 4 different machines yesterday all because when I get the newest updates all of my volume mixer settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phreaknes, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed.

I rolled back for the 4th time on 3 out of 4 different machines yesterday all because when I get the newest updates all of my volume mixer settings stop saving. for example, if I open a game or an app, the volume is cranked to 100, reduce the volume to 20, then close and reopen the app, volume back to 100. 1909 seems to work 2004 and above breaks.

I have a 4th PC that I have to adjust the volume for every app I open, I've been lucky to roll back my other 3 but they all now lack updates.

Yes I've searched the forum, yes I know of AppAudioConfig and it doesn't change anything, yes I have the LowRegistry registry key on all 4 pc's and it's still broken. No they aren't all the same pc / sound cards. Yes I've updated to the newest driver the manufacture (Dell) has posted.

Did I miss something in my Google fu to fix this problem or is this the reality now and in order to get updates I have to now go adjust my volume settings every time I open an app

submitted by /u/phreaknes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phreaknes, Feb 1, 2021
  2. RaazDost Win User

Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed.

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed.

1. Last 4 updates break my sound / audio settings, Any fix or am I just doomed. - Similar Threads - Last updates break

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. I am unable to view any of my jpg files just in the last two days. Does any one have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to view any of my jpg files just in the last two days. Does any one have a...: What else can I say. When I try to view a jpg photo, I get a black screen only. Any jog photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-view-any-of-my-jpg-files-just-in/1964f2ec-f97a-4cce-b5f9-90abd79633eb
  5. Update breaks audio.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update breaks audio.: I updated today since my version was nearing end of service and when it was done, my audio wouldnt work at all. it said no output or input device installed even though i have headphones. I troubleshooted it and it said i needed to do an update to update drivers, i did that,...
  6. i fix the problem for doom 3. But?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i fix the problem for doom 3. But?: But, now ran into a problem for doom 3 roe cd. i came acrosas a repair cleaing software tool and it manage to clear up alot of my othe rproblems. now it says: " error applies transforms?" something about:...
  7. I am not getting any sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not getting any sound: I am not getting any sound on my laptop and can't figure out why. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-getting-any-sound/973bd9b8-7b19-4594-94f1-878f2a9a0b37
  8. forza 4 last update ........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forza 4 last update ........: Can anyone help ? I just bought forza 4 but the game crashing during the loading screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-4-last-update/7c19bc83-87bc-4c47-b817-2941acfe3106
  9. Audio/Sound after the last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Sound after the last update: After the last update of the operating system others can not listen to me. I've tried seveeral different possibility with no success. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiosound-after-the-last-update/fdb9b237-77e0-4a80-9436-c3d6fb15ed39
  10. since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources.: This is ridiculous, all is fine until hdmi is enabled, then all other sound outputs stop working, even though they APPEAR to work, no sound will be sent to my speakers. Win10 has such numerous problems with sound that you should probably stop trying to blame it on bad...