Windows 10: Last Access Timestamp

Discus and support Last Access Timestamp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello There is one tutorial which is available on SevenForums, but not here, the reason I ask is that I found somewhere that the value is changed since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kishvand, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Kishvand Win User

Last Access Timestamp

Kishvand, Aug 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 22, 2019
  3. pml_ Win User
    How to disable Last Accessed date ( timestamp ) on FAT32 file system?

Scope of that article is how to *enable* the last accessed timestamp as it's disabled by default on NTFS drives.

Was it any special steps you were thinking about? I've already tried the fsutil command (see above); without rebooting though.

4. Last Access Timestamp

Two Timestamp issues/questions

I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every file.

1. How do I turn off/disable Windows from automatically adding a timestamp? Yes..I've searched for an answer and have had zero success in finding a succinct answer.
    2. Is there a Command Prompt script to remove the Timestamp code from all files and folders? Yes....I've searched for this also and have not found a specific answer.

For the admins monitoring this, please allow someone to provide an answer and do not delete it.

Charles Putnam, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Last Access Timestamp

1. Last Access Timestamp - Similar Threads - Last Access Timestamp

2. TimeStamp In Security Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  3. MSPaint last accessed folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSPaint last accessed folder: Hi thereI have this peculiar problem where I want MS Paint to forget the last folder that was accessed, rather always show the user a pre-defined folder or any default folder. I searched in the registry and it has only the recent files listed there, but somewhere MS Paint is...
  4. MSPaint last accessed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint last accessed folder: Hi thereI have this peculiar problem where I want MS Paint to forget the last folder that was accessed, rather always show the user a pre-defined folder or any default folder. I searched in the registry and it has only the recent files listed there, but somewhere MS Paint is...
  5. MSPaint last accessed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Weird timestamps in Autoruns

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird timestamps in Autoruns: I searched and found here a post about that, marked as solved: Autoruns: Puzzling entries Solved - Windows 10 Forums The guy was talking about timestamps of 1975. Now check out what I found with the most recent version of Autoruns: [img] WTH is that? Any ideas? TIA....
  7. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  8. Give up microphone no access (last accessed)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Give up microphone no access (last accessed): I’m running two headsets on windows 10 and they are all configured correctly but in Microphone privacy settings - Allow desktop apps to access your microphone. I see both my audio devices that I’m trying to use but there is only one of them that says - Currently in use (in...
  9. Accessing timestamps on videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing timestamps on videos: My apologies if this is not appropriate for this forum, but I can't find the answer anywhere. Plenty of sites tell me how to insert timestamps as the video creator, but none on how to access them as a viewer. I am using some video excellent comprehensive tutorials to learn...
  10. Filehistory timestamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filehistory timestamp: How can I eliminate all but the most recent file in filehistory WITHOUT USING Win10's file history program? My final objective is to end up each of the most recent copy of a file, without the timestamp in a clean folder structure so that I can copy back into my documents...