Windows 10: last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,

Discus and support last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads, in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my laptop keeps losing info. Downloads, screen savers, applications just gone. everytime there is an update I lose my desktop icons. The search buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cheryl B2, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Cheryl B2 Win User

last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,

my laptop keeps losing info. Downloads, screen savers, applications just gone. everytime there is an update I lose my desktop icons. The search buttons don't work. I used to have a few Microsoft games and they are all gone. This is a Lenovo laptop and I'm just so frustrated. Audible has disappeared and the favorite bar won't hold the addresses.

:)

Cheryl B2, Oct 1, 2022
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@DRone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What’s New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803)

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Oct 1, 2022
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. DRDNA Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

1. last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads, - Similar Threads - last April update

2. last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,: my laptop keeps losing info. Downloads, screen savers, applications just gone. everytime there is an update I lose my desktop icons. The search buttons don't work. I used to have a few Microsoft games and they are all gone. This is a Lenovo laptop and I'm just so frustrated....
  3. last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    last April a Windows update happened. I cannot find my docs or downloads,: my laptop keeps losing info. Downloads, screen savers, applications just gone. everytime there is an update I lose my desktop icons. The search buttons don't work. I used to have a few Microsoft games and they are all gone. This is a Lenovo laptop and I'm just so frustrated....
  4. My built in camera is not working. It happened I can bring it back. But since last April is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My built in camera is not working. It happened I can bring it back. But since last April is...: As I said on my heading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-is-not-working-it-happened-i/1f26cd8b-f464-4bc2-b2c3-b71f9f4e7e7c
  5. My built in camera is not working. It happened I can bring it back. But since last April is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My built in camera is not working. It happened I can bring it back. But since last April is...: As I said on my heading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-is-not-working-it-happened-i/1f26cd8b-f464-4bc2-b2c3-b71f9f4e7e7c
  6. What is the "Windows 10 Upgrade Tool" and where can I download it and find docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the "Windows 10 Upgrade Tool" and where can I download it and find docs: These Feature Updates are becoming quite annoying. I am a MSP. All my clients are running Windows 10. Automated Feature Updates are always a problem. Here is the latest script: Download the file...
  7. Windows cannot find any of my downloaded files

Windows cannot find any of my downloaded files: Whenever I try to open any of my downloaded files I get this error message. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-any-of-my-downloaded-files/a0bdb72c-5e99-4d70-a98a-973f23f28b62
  8. cannot download and open doc from email

cannot download and open doc from email: cannot download and open doc from email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-and-open-doc-from-email/3579d8ee-619a-4ebf-b6b1-d521da36bb16"
  9. Last status update on find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Last status update on find my device: What does it mean last status update when I am searching for my device in mocrosoft account? I am asking since my device appears as last seen on 8 Dec but last status update os shown as 13 Dec....
  10. Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update: I just updated my build from 1709 (Fall Creator’s) to 1803 (Spring/Redstone 4), and after a lengthy upgrade process, I go to sign in, but can’t... The sign in screen appears normally, and I can enter my PIN or Microsoft Password to sign in. However, signing in with either...