Windows 10: Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

Discus and support Last column of list view in File Explorer issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I double click to open a file in the last column to the right side of the list view in File Explorer, and there are long file names among the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BaldoUMC, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BaldoUMC Win User

Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

When I double click to open a file in the last column to the right side of the list view in File Explorer, and there are long file names among the list so the last column is not completely in the window, instead of opening the file, it advances to the next column. Then I have to look for the file I want to open again.

I would like to be able to open one of those files with double click even if I just see part of its name.

:)

BaldoUMC, Jan 28, 2019

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

For some reason, a recent Windows update made all the columns in File Explorer wider than they need to be when looking at files in list view. It's incredibly frustrating as part of my job involves selecting large quantities of specific files from folders
    and the gaps between the columns just make what is already a slightly boring task more arduous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RichLehmann, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Last column of list view in File Explorer issue

1. Last column of list view in File Explorer issue - Similar Threads - Last column list

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. Trouble with List View in Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with List View in Explorer...: In Windows 10; is there a way to view different file types like you use to be able to in W7? I’m not sure if this is due to an update or what, but what I mean is I like a nice clean look. In a folder, I like to view by list, and have the list organized by file types. So...
  4. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

in Windows 10 Support
    "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View: It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now. Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing? Here's...
  5. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  6. File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues

File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues: The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort doesn't work in every folder! This happened after my "Windows 10, version 1903" update. Before that, it was fine. Does anyone have a solution?...
  7. DSF files do not display tag info in File Explorer column view

in Windows 10 Support
    DSF files do not display tag info in File Explorer column view: This is how I like to view files within folders in my music library using Windows 10: [img] Most of my music files are in AIF, AIFF or MP3 format and so the above screenshot is what I see when opening a folder. But with my files in DSF format, the columns are empty when I...
  8. Windows Explorer List view columns are too wide - can they be adjusted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer List view columns are too wide - can they be adjusted: I have Windows Explorer set to a “List” view. In one particular folder all of the filenames are the same length, i.e. 7 characters. The File name extension box is not checked. After a recent Windows 10 upgrade the list view columns are very wide. There is lots of unused space...
  9. Making "list" default view for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Making "list" default view for file explorer: How can I make the file explorer always use "list" view when opening files and folders? Thanks 65271
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...