Windows 10: Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click

Discus and support Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I start my computer last icon of the desktop automatically selected. When i click on other icons only the last icon is opened. When i try to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardAgbalenyo, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click

When I start my computer last icon of the desktop automatically selected. When i click on other icons only the last icon is opened. When i try to use the arrow keys to select desired icon/ file, it trips back to the last item. How do I solve this frustration? I bought the laptop less than a week ago. Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click [​IMG]

:)

RichardAgbalenyo, Aug 28, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Aug 28, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 28, 2020
  4. ss2020 Win User

Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click

1. Last desktop item/file in folder selects and opens no matter what you click - Similar Threads - Last desktop item

2. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  3. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  4. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  6. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " these item you selected is unavailable": The computer was reimage but when trying to access Configuration Manager. A message pop up saying "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved, renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it fron the list."...
  7. " these item you selected is unavailable"

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. clicking desktop folder does not open the folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clicking desktop folder does not open the folder: I have set up a desktop folder with shortcuts to files I use frequently. But when I double-click on this folder, file explorer opens to Quick Access instead of directly to the contents of the folder. How do I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042. Thanks....
  9. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  10. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item: In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file. Is there any way to get the old search...