Windows 10: Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

Discus and support Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C&D1M, Mar 13, 2020.

1. C&D1M Win User

Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work again after the last "updates" which killed my ability to work online. Bad timing eh? I did go in and update the sound drivers, but it is all geek to me--- I mean Greek to me... I work online as an ESL tutor and that has come to a grinding halt.....

thanks in advance

:)

C&D1M, Mar 13, 2020

2. critical updates keep rendering laptop unuseable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. When you say "cannot access my laptop", are you referring to being unable to boot the laptop?

2. Is it a particular update that is causing the issue?

3. What exactly is the KB number of the update?

Follow the steps below to check the KB number of the update:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open programs and features.

3. Click "view installed updates" on the left pane.

4. Locate the update and note down the KB number.

Updates are installed periodically to improve and enhance the performance of the operating system. It is unusual that the update would cause problem to your operating system. In order to identify if the update is causing the issue, I would suggest you to
    try uninstalling the update and check again. To uninstall the update, follow the steps given above to check the KB number, right click on the update and uninstall it.

If uninstalling the update resolves the issue, follow the steps given in the help article on
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Jobs at Microsoft!!!

How do i get a job in Microsoft???

what are the jobs i can u get...

i don't have any resume coz am still studying...

i need a career in Microsoft!!!! So please suggest me some ideas related to the latter

sainavaneeth, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

Windows 10 Update renders laptop unuseable

Hi Geoff,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the behavior of your Windows 10
    computer may be caused by some configuration or programs that prevent Windows from working properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you boot your device in
    Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). This process will help you troubleshoot the issue when starting up your computer. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link.
    Once you’re on the page, you may click the Windows Recovery Environment link, proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to use your computer properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

1. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job.... - Similar Threads - Last microsoft update

2. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  3. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  4. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KB5003637 Security Update Rendered Laptop Unusable, Won't Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003637 Security Update Rendered Laptop Unusable, Won't Uninstall: Hi folks,I installed a Windows update today that included Security Update KB5003637. After I rebooted, everything on my taskbar disappeared, and if I scroll over it my cursor shows the "loading" wheel. I can't click start or connect to the internet. My laptop is basically...
  6. Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has corrupted my laptop - now unusable: Earlier this week when shutting down, my laptop gave me the ‘Update and shut down’ option, which i selected. The next day, i start my laptop to find it takes me to a blue screen, something along the lines of ‘Windows encountered an error, reporting, 0%’. After 10 minutes,...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable

Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable: As of the update I installed on my laptop last night, ALL of my drivers have been rendered broken, meaning I have no audio, internet, or anything of the like. I cannot even open windows update without it closing itself. Nothing works anymore, and I am incredibly annoyed by...
  8. 2004 Update Renders PC unusable

2004 Update Renders PC unusable: Updated to Windows 10 version 2004 last night and now the PC is nearly unusable. It took more than 14 hours. When I'm able to run the Task Manager, I see that only 5% of CPU, 32% of RAM, and 2% of Disk SSD is being used. I have over 380 GB of disk space, so none of those...
  9. New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable: Hi, After being updated and having their icons changed, I have not been able to use some of my Microsoft apps. This includes Photos, Your Phone, and Voice Recorder. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have already run a scan on SFC, as well as DISM, though both have...
  10. Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!

Update 1809 has rendered my perfectly functioning laptop near unusable!!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...