Windows 10: Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...

Discus and support Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/joziel_lara [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joziel_lara, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...

/u/joziel_lara, Jun 2, 2020

2. Cannot turn off hibernation

We have two relatively new identical HP ProDesk 400s running Windows 10. The computers often go into hibernation over night, preventing us from being able to log in remotely, and we can't shut off that feature. Our IT guy is also baffled. We have tried:

Turning off hibernation in Windows

Turning off hibernation in a command shell being run as administrator

Changing the Windows power settings to high performance

Updating Windows, drivers, BIOS

Turning off power saving options in the BIOS

Deleting Energy Star

Setting the BIOS to have the computer wake up every morning at 7:00 automatically

Basically, we have tried everything that makes any intuitive sense and anything the intertubes suggested we do. All HP could suggest in addition is reinstalling Windows, which is a bigger step than we would like to take.

Luke Hannah, Jun 2, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Hi,

Tried out the methods in comments sections but problem still exists. Here, is what i have noticed.

SCENARIO 1.

Night light set ON time 2100 HRS and OFF at 2115 HRS.

1.if the computer is ON @ 2115 HRS night light turns off automatically. (correct)
    2. If the computer is shutdown @2110 HRS and switched ON @ 2120 HRS. Night light is off at login. (correct)
    2. if the computer was put to sleep @ 2110 HRS and resumed @ 2120 HRS, night light does not turn off. (incorrect).

Basically night light dosen't work properly after a sleep or hibernate happens.

ram93, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...

Battery drain in hibernation

This is a volunteers forum. We cannot fix anything for you!

I would start by taking these steps:

1. Put Windows into hibernation.
    2. Get it out of hibernation.
    3. Check the time stamp of the hidden file C:\Hiberfil.sys. Does it reflect the time when you took Step 1 above? If it does not then the machine was not in hibernation.
    4. Before going to bed, make a note of the battery charge.
    5. Switch the machine off and unplug the power cord.
    6. Next morning, before plugging in the power cord but after turning it on, make another note of the battery charge. If there is a noticeable discharge then you have a leaky battery or a problem with the motherboard. Windows can't be the culprit because it
      was off all night.

Frederik Long, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this...

1. Last night I hibernated the laptop and this morning when I tried to turn it on, this... - Similar Threads - Last night hibernated

2. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  3. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  4. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.: I tried turning it on again and it says it's on when it's not. This happened after I updated my computer, the previous version was 1709, the one I updated to was 1809. Please help, my eyes are looking at an awfully blue-lit screen. [ATTACH]...
  6. Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop

Folders disappearing last night when I turned off my laptop: Hello I have a problem when I decided to finish up my pre-lab for my classes and shut off the laptop, and booted it this morning all of my folders have disappeared. Whenever I try to access any of the folders on the desktop on quick access it gives me an error. Location is...
  7. I got a problem when i try to hibernate.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a problem when i try to hibernate.: When i click in hibernate, it seems to do it. But when i want to turn on the pc againt, it shows the windows logo, and freezes. (it doesnt appear the circle) and it forces me to push the power button, making my laptop to turn off and when starts is like i turned off. So i...
  8. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: I have a Inspiron 5521 running the may19 update. Win10 is update to date in all aspects. when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of...
  9. I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.: Now the mail looks different and the color of solataire cards are blue and white not black and red. I cannot play Mahjong as it is installed under guest and will not sync to play goes back to page to play....
  10. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: The title says it all, really. I have a Surface Pro that when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of Sleep, but I'd love some guidance....