Windows 10: Last program used reloads after shutdown

Discus and support Last program used reloads after shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having this weird thing happen over the past few months. After I shut down the computer, using the correct procedure, and turn it on again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by farrellart, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Last program used reloads after shutdown

I have been having this weird thing happen over the past few months.

After I shut down the computer, using the correct procedure, and turn it on again say the next day the last program I use loads up automatically, usually with an error.

Has anyone else experienced this - Win10pro is currently 1903 (18362.418). It's not a deal-breaker, just really annoying.

Cheers in advance.

:)

farrellart, Nov 4, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 4, 2019
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Last program used reloads after shutdown

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Last program used reloads after shutdown

1. Last program used reloads after shutdown - Similar Threads - Last program used

2. Last shutdown of windows was unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last shutdown of windows was unsuccessful.: I tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the windows as you can see in the screenshots reliablity monitor has no previous history as I install ed new windows on 14th but the issue is not yet solved.Not always, but most of the time, whenever I shut down my laptop, this...
  3. Last shutdown of windows was unsuccessful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last shutdown of windows was unsuccessful.: I tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the windows as you can see in the screenshots reliablity monitor has no previous history as I install ed new windows on 14th but the issue is not yet solved.Not always, but most of the time, whenever I shut down my laptop, this...
  4. Is Defend Reloaded Safe To Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Defend Reloaded Safe To Use: Can someone tell me if Defend reloaded is safe to use? I did a scan of the exe at Virus Total and the below came up on the scan Trojan-Ransom.NSIS.Zerber.b THANKS!!!! 170849
  5. Is Defend Reloaded Save To Use

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Defend Reloaded Save To Use: Can someone tell me if Defend reloaded is safe to use? I did a scan of the exe at Virus Total and the below came up on the scan Trojan-Ransom.NSIS.Zerber.b THANKS!!!! 170849
  6. Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.: I shutdown by closing all programs/windows, and then powering down by pushing the Start button and selecting Power / Shutdown. When I power back up and open any Windows program usually Yahoo Email, several of the programs running before shutdown pop back open again with no...
  7. Programs always reload windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs always reload windows 10?: On my PC tabs reload every few seconds, as I have demonstrated in the video below. This also happens in full screen applications where it kicks me out. The bug exists only since today and windows has been installed a long time ago. Windows is up to date and all drivers...
  8. reloading a program after 10 upgrade

reloading a program after 10 upgrade: Upgrading from windows 7 to 10. One of my programs has a file that was placed in the windows system folder and the windows/32 folder. How do I find the matching folders in windows 10....
  9. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  10. apps and programs deleted after last update

apps and programs deleted after last update: Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018 I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018. On Dec. 17, I was having a problem with Chrome. This happened before and I fixed it this way. I opened Chrome, clicked on the three dots in the upper right...