Windows 10: Last program used reloads after shutdown

Discus and support Last program used reloads after shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having this weird thing happen over the past few months. After I shut down the computer, using the correct procedure, and turn it on again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by farrellart, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Last program used reloads after shutdown

I have been having this weird thing happen over the past few months.

After I shut down the computer, using the correct procedure, and turn it on again say the next day the last program I use loads up automatically, usually with an error.

Has anyone else experienced this - Win10pro is currently 1903 (18362.418). It's not a deal-breaker, just really annoying.

Cheers in advance.

:)

farrellart, Nov 4, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 4, 2019
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Last program used reloads after shutdown

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Last program used reloads after shutdown

1. Last program used reloads after shutdown - Similar Threads - Last program used

2. Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.: A program that has always worked just fine in the past won't open now after installing the latest Windows updates.. Attached are the pop-ups that appear. Please advise! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  4. Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown: So I started leaving two Chrome windows open, plus a few other things when I shutdown the PC every night, so they reopen the next day and I can continue where I left off. So far it has happened at least 3 times that Windows 10 reopened only spotify and stickies and not...
  5. apps and programs deleted after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps and programs deleted after last update: Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018 I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018. On Dec. 17, I was having a problem with Chrome. This happened before and I fixed it this way. I opened Chrome, clicked on the three dots in the upper right...
  6. Program crashes after using a different program and coming back to it, with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashes after using a different program and coming back to it, with...: Blender, the program in question, crashes after I do something else and come back to the program, but it starts up with no issue. Example: I just did some work in Blender and didn't close Blender, but just went to chrome to play some music and go back to Blender, and then...
  7. Reload

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reload: I am a user of 365 and I formatted my hard drive due to other issues. I am now having trouble locating my old pw and log to reinstall. Any help is appreciated 114758
  8. unknown program preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unknown program preventing shutdown: this program is preventing my every shutdown for quite some time now. i have already checked the control panel : programs and the startup page in task manager, to get rid of programs and apps i dont need. In the task manager Startup tab, there are all normal processes you'd...
  9. Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??: Hi all, I've got an issue with one windows 10 pc which is connected to a server. On this pc are shortcuts to a program which runs from a mapped drive. The program will only run from a mapped location and will not recognise unc paths. This server has to be shutdown every...
  10. Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.: Hello ALL: I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this? 33224