Windows 10: Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

Discus and support Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esbkk11000, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC.

On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my PC: the device is working properly, your adaptor is connected, connection failed, something went wrong, couldn't connect etc.
    I tried all internet based recommendations fixing this issue for the last two days and nothing seems to fix it.

I went back to an Acronis Full Backup prior to the KB 43439009 update and Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adaptor works again, just like before, The problem is with the update. Am I the only one with this problem, since I found no mention of it on the Internet?

I hope MS fix this soon ...

:)

esbkk11000, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

MS Wireless Display adapter stopped 2018

Hi David,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this problem including a recent update that introduced compatibility issues with the Wireless Display driver. In line with this, we recommend that you update or reinstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter driver
    on your PC. Here's how:

• With the Wireless Display Adapter plugged in and powered on, select the
      Start
      button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter device, then right-click on it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

In addition, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Creion Win User
    MS Wireless Display Adapter - "Driver Error"

Hi,

I cannot connect to my MS Wireless Display Adapter. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. The message in the Wireless Display Adapter App is "Driver Error".

In Device Manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling ..

Running Windows 10 with the latest updates on a Surface Book with a display adapter firmware 2.0.8350

Thanks

Creion, Aug 18, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

1. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working - Similar Threads - Last Thuesday's Win10

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working: Hello,I work for Coca-Cola and we use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters to connect to various TV screens when presenting. Randomly the adapters have stopped working for everyone. Could be due to recent Windows updates?When going to connect on the PC, we select the MS...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working: Hello,I work for Coca-Cola and we use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapters to connect to various TV screens when presenting. Randomly the adapters have stopped working for everyone. Could be due to recent Windows updates?When going to connect on the PC, we select the MS...
  4. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update

Wireless Display stops working after 1607 update: I have Lenovo W540 and wireless display Intel was working as expected with Microsoft Miracast device. I could project my screen on project and stop worrying about cables. It suddenly stopped working. I think some time ago, but found the exact cause now. So, I had to find...
  6. MS wireless mouse stopped working

MS wireless mouse stopped working: My MS wireless mouse stopped working within the last few weeks. I presume it is due to an update. Worked fine since I bought it until now. I have a Surface Pro 4, running Win 10 v1809 (17763.1950). no driver updates in a few months, so not that. one quality update on the...
  7. Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working: I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC. On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my...
  8. Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates: I Tried to connect to my 2 other PCs this morning. I just get a screen where it says it's 'Initialising Display parameters' but will not get past this screen. Was working perfectly yesterday! Oh and I can take control of these same computers if I try it from my Linux...
  9. Is KB3214628 the last update from MS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is KB3214628 the last update from MS?: Got that one about month ago nothing since. 77003
  10. MS Wireless Display Adapter

MS Wireless Display Adapter: I have a MS Wireless Display Adapter for my TV set. It works with my SURFACE, but will not work with my Desktop PC! I purchased a Bluetooth dongle & installed it on me Desktop Win 10. The Bluetooth was purchased from Maplin in Dublin Ireland. I used the CD install disk...