Windows 10: Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive

Discus and support Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last two builds through 14942 (I'm on the fast ring), I've been having problems where the start button/start menu would freeze or become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LarryinNJ, Oct 11, 2016.

1. LarryinNJ Win User

Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive

For the last two builds through 14942 (I'm on the fast ring), I've been having problems where the start button/start menu would freeze or become non-responsive. I've run virus/malware scans (with paid ESET and Malwarebytes) with no threats shown. I will click the start button and either nothing will happen, or the background will come up blank for 30 or so seconds until the buttons/tiles fill in. I then click on the tiles and nothing happens, or the programs open 30-60 seconds later.Odd problem - haven't seen anything like this ever.

:)

LarryinNJ, Oct 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Start button freezes

after last update I cant open start menu at all

JeffreyRoman, Oct 11, 2016
  3. taskbar and start button non responsive

Okay I have read through several post on this matter and still have no solution to my problem. I have a clean install (windows 7 x64 OEM) and upgrade to Windows 10 fully updated. Prior to installing any other programs on the system the issue of the taskbar
    and start buttons becoming none responsive accord and it requires a reboot to get them to start working again. Only programs run on the computer were Microsoft edge and the Xbox app. I have turned off Cortana as reading forums someone said this was where
    the problem was but still have the issue. Does anyone know what needs to be done or if Microsoft has put out a fix for this problem? Everything points to this being a problem with Windows 10 programing. I have researched all know hardware/ drivers issues
    with Windows 10 and have no solution to this problem. After turning off Cortana the problem did seem to happen less often however since the most recent windows update it is happening more and more often.

Mannyholbrook, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive

1. Last two builds to 14942 - Start Button/Menu freezing/non-responsive - Similar Threads - Last builds 14942

2. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  3. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  4. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  5. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  7. Start menu non operational

Start menu non operational: I have Windows Pro 10.0.19041.388. The start menu no longer works. Every time I try to use it I get an error message stating "CRITICAL ERROR. Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Sign out now." I do not get any option and the laptop...
  8. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  9. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  10. Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responsive to Changes: Last night, I upgraded my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Since upgrading, the start menu is not functioning properly. While attempting to customize the menu by rearranging tiles and unpinning unwanted tiles, I realized that when I right click and unpin a tile, the tile...