Windows 10: Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up

Discus and support Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro x64 current. About two to three weeks ago I had a few startups where my keyboard wasn't seen. It had been preceded by the NumLock staying on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by highstream, May 4, 2021.

1. Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up

Win 10 Pro x64 current. About two to three weeks ago I had a few startups where my keyboard wasn't seen. It had been preceded by the NumLock staying on after shutdown. Replugging the cable to the mobo and rebooting solved it. Since then, no problems, although since then I've changed keyboards (same IBM M model). Now, yesterday and today on first startup, my always-on Brother 2270 printer is being seen as offline. Never happened before. Restarting the printer gets it seen, and then it's seen again if I reboot afterward. I don't know if the two occurrences are related or coincidental, but I'm wondering if this is due to Windows 10 updates -- there was one yesterday -- or a sign of either emerging mobo problems or ...? The mobo is an ASRock Z97 Extreme6 and I've had it since May 2016.

:)

highstream, May 4, 2021

2. How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?

I have done some steps to follow for Brother printer offline

1. Go to the “start” menu of the printer, select “control panel” and then click on the “printers and faxes” option. A new window will appear that will show a list of printers currently connected with or installed on your system.
    2. Next up, double click on any of the printers that you want to be reconnected and back online. Another wind****nt” commands sent to this printer and all the printing tasks currently scheduled on this device.
    3. Now go to the menu window and click on the “printer” icon. After that, click on the “user printer offline.” This should reconnect the printer to your system and its status should effectively change from “offline” to “online.”
    4. This is one simple and effective way to deal with an offline printer. There are other ways as well. If you have a problem with Br**** depend on the kind of problem it is. For instance, there is a possibility that the above-mentioned approach may not
      be enough to get your br****v>

MichaelWilliam1, May 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    brother MFC260c printer offline

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline after a power outage. I'll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

The printer status is Offline or Paused.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and

Change a printer's status from “offline" to “online"

Let us know how it goes, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2021
  4. Wynona Win User

Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up

Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again!

My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline!

My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along.

Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back online?

Wynona, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up

1. Last two days Brother printer offline on first start up - Similar Threads - Last days Brother

2. Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline: If your Brother printer is showing as offline +1-888-966-6097, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue. Here are some common solutions:Check Physical Connections:Ensure that all cables connecting the printer to your computer or network are...
  3. Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best Way To Solve Brother Printer Offline: If your Brother printer is showing as offline +1-888-966-6097, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue. Here are some common solutions:Check Physical Connections:Ensure that all cables connecting the printer to your computer or network are...
  4. Desktop not starting up for the last 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not starting up for the last 2 days: Hey, I've googled for help and followed YouTube guides for the laat 2 days and still my PC Windows 10 will not function properly. I've had this pc since 2016. I don't game or download anything suscipious. It's just for making music, YouTube and making movies. I clean up...
  5. Issues last two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues last two days: Hi, Last two days sites I use a lot are blocked ie: bbc news, yahoo mail and others. Some work but are very slow to start. ie Gmail, Audible. I have used Edge and Chrome no difference. Tried disabling virus/firewall. No difference. All worked fine before. Not changed or...
  6. brother MFC260c printer offline

brother MFC260c printer offline: why does win 10 say my printer is offline when the printer is turned on and connected,it used to work fine up to 5 days ago before I installed the latest update . thought win 10 was supposed to be the best os , never had problems with updates on win 7 or printers going...
  7. How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?

How To Fix Brother Printer Offline?: I have bought a new brother printer & got a brother printer offline error. Please help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-brother-printer-offline/38c3547b-f86e-48f9-a349-055f8c952370
  8. brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline

brother mfc-j470dw printer goes offline: my brother mfc-j470dw works fine from IOS devices I own, but recurrently goes to "offline" status and will not print. any idea why. this has happened a lot with windows 10, but may have started before that. I can fix it by removing and reloaoding but that is a pain in the...
  9. Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline: Won't print docs on print q...installed new modem, and printer will not work now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/brother-wireless-printer-hl-l2370dw-offline/c87479b5-1f59-4be9-8cc4-7c1f7b4f8090

Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline: Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again! My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline! My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along. Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back...