Windows 10: last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option

Discus and support last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the two Windows 10 updates that were forced in the recent days messed up audio capabilities. The first one screwed up the bluetooth output to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MirjaR, Mar 10, 2021.

1. MirjaR Win User

last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option

the two Windows 10 updates that were forced in the recent days messed up audio capabilities.

The first one screwed up the bluetooth output to speakers, i'm left with slow stutters.

The update yesterday, presumably a patch, now screwed up the audio jack - a microphone plugged into the audio jack is no longer recognized.

I don't know how else to report these bugs.

:)

MirjaR, Mar 10, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 10, 2021
  4. last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option

1. last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option - Similar Threads - last updates recent

2. Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day: I'm facing a update issue in my laptop since yesterday it was at 95% on blue screen while we are restart the laptop please help me from this problem I need to work...
  3. Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day: I'm facing a update issue in my laptop since yesterday it was at 95% on blue screen while we are restart the laptop please help me from this problem I need to work...
  4. Update was stucked at 95% since from last one day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Last update broke my laptop

Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  6. Issues last two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues last two days: Hi, Last two days sites I use a lot are blocked ie: bbc news, yahoo mail and others. Some work but are very slow to start. ie Gmail, Audible. I have used Edge and Chrome no difference. Tried disabling virus/firewall. No difference. All worked fine before. Not changed or...
  7. Last Update broke my computer

Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...
  8. Last Two Windows Updates

Last Two Windows Updates: The last two automatic major windows updates have been a pain in the butt, causing several programs/apps to significantly slow down or even stop working properly altogether. Something that the computer would do almost instantaneously before, now can take anywhere from 10...
  9. Last two days cant get Facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last two days cant get Facebook: Was updated to Windows 10 - did NOT want it- it just came. Several days later now facebook will not load. help? * Moved from IE10/Win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/last-two-days-cant-get-facebook/0aad5019-7778-4e15-8418-8ac899970752
  10. Outlook send and receive error - Last two days

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook send and receive error - Last two days: Hi I am using the latest version of Outlook from Office 365 and for the last couple of days have been getting the error as shown in the picture.... Now, it does not happen every time, and as I have 6 email accounts happens to random accounts... Why has this started in the...