Windows 10: Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to...

Discus and support Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the last update my files/photos were lost. But there is a large D drive now called recovery. But I don't know which folder to restore?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jburns29, Apr 17, 2019.

1. jburns29 Win User

Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to...

With the last update my files/photos were lost. But there is a large D drive now called recovery. But I don't know which folder to restore?

:)

jburns29, Apr 17, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 17, 2019
  3. lost desktop and files

Hi Jon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost files after Windows 10 update. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below question.

• Did you face this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 from previous Windows?
    • Did you face this issue after updating in Windows 10?

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps finding your files.

After updating your PC to Windows 10, you may be having trouble finding your old files. Here are some things to try.

Refer: Find lost files after the update to Windows 10

Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to...

File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop.  I need the files and there appears to... :eek:

imperialreign, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to...

1. Last update 3/14 All my files were lost and desktop. I need the files and there appears to... - Similar Threads - Last update files

2. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  3. Lost my desktop files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my desktop files.: Hello I have lost my desktop files and they aren't in my storage either. This started when logged in an account witch wasn't mine and I couldn't switch account so I transfered my desktop from my real account to the other one. And when I restarted my pc it booted in to my real...
  4. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  5. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  6. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  8. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  9. Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night: Hi, Need help with the following: There was an automatic update on my computer last night January 14th. The Update appears to be called "Quality Update" with a number of 107, not sure if it means 107 updates or other? All my desktop files, apps, pictures, shortcuts are...
  10. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED: FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED... I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES. IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED...