Windows 10: Last update and speed

Discus and support Last update and speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Following the last update, I was left with a black screen, my wallpaper had gone. I think I have cured this. However I continue to have a severe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 9fisherman6, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Last update and speed

Following the last update, I was left with a black screen, my wallpaper had gone. I think I have cured this. However I continue to have a severe problem with slow speed. It worked fine until the previous update. I did a speed check with my BT Hub, and found it to be 51.

I have already removed all I can from the start up, but everything from opening up to eventually opening Outlook 365 takes ages.

I use CCleaner Professional every Sunday, so there is no build up of known rubbish.

On my compaq Presario CQ56, I have Windows 10, wireless. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

NB. I am old and non tech. Plain English please.

Regards Fisherman

:)

9fisherman6, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 14, 2018
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Dec 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Last update and speed

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Last update and speed :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Last update and speed

1. Last update and speed - Similar Threads - Last update speed

2. Last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last update: Every since the last update my save files have been hard to get into. Was there a problem with the update that would cause this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-update/85a278d3-5732-4e0d-ba58-d00791535c79
  3. Last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last update: Every since the last update my save files have been hard to get into. Was there a problem with the update that would cause this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-update/85a278d3-5732-4e0d-ba58-d00791535c79
  4. SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?: I recently got a new laptop, and according to crystal disk mark it's default ssd supposedly can do a bit over 3000 megabytes read and 400-900 write speeds.However doing things like copying files haven't gotten even close to that after one of the last updatescurrently it's...
  5. SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD speeds seem slower since the last update?: I recently got a new laptop, and according to crystal disk mark it's default ssd supposedly can do a bit over 3000 megabytes read and 400-900 write speeds.However doing things like copying files haven't gotten even close to that after one of the last updatescurrently it's...
  6. Last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Last update: Since the last update on 11/16/2020, the icons on my desktop and taskbar are squished...oblong instead of round. And very large. I have tried to change the size of the icons in the settings, but it doesn't take away the squished effect. Any suggestions?...
  7. Last Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Update: The last update from Microsoft,mess all my system!!I don have an illegal copy,i pay for that & you are crocks...incompetents!! I got a month ago an update which i have to delete because mess all my PC!!! Now a month later i got a new one which is worse!!! I don't want to...
  8. Last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Last update: Since the last update my computer doesn’t shut down completely and windows explorer doesn’t auto-refresh. I just want to know if people have those issues ? submitted by /u/iKempachi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghk9c2/last_update/
  9. Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very poor internet speed after last win 10 update: Hello, as title sais - after the last update I have to do a network reset to get my connection speed to normal. I am on a 1 GBps fiber optic and constantly getting 5mbps after the last update. Yes drivers are up-to-date, yes I've spoken to my provider etcetc. Please do...
  10. Loosing wireless connection and speed very low after last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing wireless connection and speed very low after last update.: After last update, my wireless internet connection became intermittent and my download speed went from 25-30 MB to 1 MB and less. I have tried Windows Troubleshooter, installing latest driver, updating driver, etc. nothing helps except plugging in an external USB wireless...