Windows 10: Last update broke my laptop

Discus and support Last update broke my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nickcyphers, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Last update broke my laptop

Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?

:)

nickcyphers, Nov 17, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

Last update broke my laptop

laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Last update broke my laptop ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Last update broke my laptop

1. Last update broke my laptop - Similar Threads - Last update broke

2. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  3. windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  4. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  5. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  6. Windows update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Last Update broke my computer

Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...
  8. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  9. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...
  10. Update Broke Laptop!

Update Broke Laptop!: Hi all, So a couple of days ago (17/07/18 approx.) my partner's laptop decided to update itself. I don't know anything about what the update was only that it's a Windows update. All fine and good except the laptop never finished updating. For two days it sat on the side...