Windows 10: Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and...

Discus and support Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, this says it all pretty much in the title. Windows PC running 1803, most recent update on 11/20/18. The last update switched the monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dcook1313, Nov 30, 2018.

1. dcook1313 Win User

Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and...

Hi, this says it all pretty much in the title. Windows PC running 1803, most recent update on 11/20/18.

The last update switched the monitor frequency settings for both monitors to 59 instead of 60 and now we are getting flickering and monitor shift in some monitors. I can change the frequency back to 60, but it does not save, and leaves it at 59 for both monitors. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the monitors and the drivers......at a lack on how to fix this ......How can I fix this?

:)

dcook1313, Nov 30, 2018
  2. FroDar Win User

Monitor flicker

Dell desktop, I7-6700, 16 ram, OS is 64 bit Windows 10 Pro ver. 1709, build 17025. Dual 27in HP monitors at 60hz, Geforce GTX 750ti.

This began I believe between upgrades, starting maybe 5 weeks ago. It would happen maybe twice a week, flicker off then on (very quickly) a couple times. Now it's doing it about 4-6 times a day. I have the monitors set up as extended, Only one will flicker
    at a time, never both.

I have since updated the drivers for both the monitors and the GPU, along with the Fall Creators update for Windows. It is steadily getting worse. But I will mention that both monitors were at 60hz which HP recommended. Also, I use a Datacolor Spyder5 Pro
    once a month to calibrate my monitors which in turn feeds the settings to the GPU. and somewhere around that time this issue began I updated the driver for it. AND, sometime or another, my displays where changed to 59Hz. I just reset them back to 60hz a couple
    of days ago. That seemed to help cut down on the frequency of the flickering, but it's still to early to tell. It certainly still is flickering.

Thats all I got for now. Thanks for any help in advance.

FroDar, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and...

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and...

1. Last update changed monitor frequency setting to 59, now getting monitor flickering and... - Similar Threads - Last update changed

2. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  3. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I've been experiencing an issue with my Philips monitor where the SmartImage feature unpredictably switches to "Racing" mode on its own. Despite manually disabling this setting, it often reactivates itself multiple times until it finally remains off, only to recur upon...
  4. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  5. 2 monitors flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 monitors flickering: I have a laptop and a desktop.I want to operate everything with my 2 extra monitors.for that reason I have bought a dell wd19 dock. On that i have the 2 monitors, ethernet and mouse/ keyboard. Dock connects through usb-c port. I use this setup with my laptop for 4 years and...
  6. Monitor Flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Flickering: I've posted about this before, but this time I don't know what to do. My monitor flickers on fullscreen games and I don't know why. Everytime I restart my PC, it works fine, but then the next day it starts occurring again. Originally, I reinstalled my graphic drivers and...
  7. Monitor Flickering Issues

Monitor Flickering Issues: Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens...
  8. Monitor flickering issues

Monitor flickering issues: Scoured the internet and could not find a solution and I am at the final straw. Every time I play something full screen like a Youtube video, a game like Minecraft, or some random Steam game, or anything that goes full screen, my monitor flickers black. It usually happens...
  9. monitor flicker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor flicker: I downloaded and installed Windows 10 within the last week. It worked fine for several days. Yesterday, the monitor began to flicker occasionally. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-flicker/3bfc65b4-870d-46b2-a4ae-d8b9ecc3c8e6
  10. Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor flickering, taskbar flickering.: My monitor keeps flickering for less than a sec every now and then. I'm currently using 2 monitors, 1 is 1980 x 1080 while another is 1280 x 880. I've tried the task manager, it doesn't affect TaskManager or any program. It only affects the desktop background, Document...