Windows 10: Last Update= critical problems

Discus and support Last Update= critical problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have to turn off Windows Defender to use our complex Business Scanning Software. Traced it to the last MS Update. Been down for a week with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by da-cat, May 8, 2019.

1. da-cat Win User

Last Update= critical problems

We have to turn off Windows Defender to use our complex Business Scanning Software. Traced it to the last MS Update.

Been down for a week with multiple calls for Tech assistance with our system companies. This isn't supposed to happen; Microsoft Update costing me hours of my time and shutting down our operations.

Almost every MS Update is time consuming for me in fixes- as we loose printing abilities or scanning abilities.

I also get an earful when the Computers Are Down.

I've been hit with a re-boot.....

Got back to my Computer and "Awww Shoot!"

Can I revert Windows Defender settings?

:)

da-cat, May 8, 2019
  2. Beven Win User

Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

Last Update= critical problems GD27Q.jpg

Beven, May 8, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    windows 10 critical update

Hi Stacee,

It is possible that a black screen may occur due to critical system error or corrupted system file. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot black
    screen error. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Last Update= critical problems - Similar Threads - Last Update= critical

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  4. Problems with last WIN10 UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with last WIN10 UPDATES: I would like to see updates that don't require subsequent updates to fix the previous one. I decided to return to auto updates, hoping problems still didn't exist. I have two computers now that won't run Chrome properly or at all... that may have been the intention....
  5. problems since last update

problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  6. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  7. Problem after last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after last Update: Hi, After updating the las version of Windows 10 was automatically updated, my desktop freezes everytime i turn on the computer. My laptop is fairly new and had worked well until this episode. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  8. Problem with the last update 1903

Problem with the last update 1903: Hello ! I have problem with the update 1903 , before installation i have black screen only with course . And idk what to do . After start to download i check if all driver have the last update and nothing new . I'm waiting for some respose and nothing ....
  9. problems after last update

problems after last update: After last update my computer volume, windows task bar, edge, start button, cortona,,,among other items I can't access such as my control panal..!!! how do I fix it???...
  10. problems after last update

problems after last update: Hi, I got my PC updated lately and now have alot of problems. Sleep button disapeared, power settings disapeard, cannot turn off display, my nvidia card is not working and have some graphic glitches while scrolling internet pages. Also got blurry apps even they weren´t...