Windows 10: Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home

Discus and support Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last update for Win 10 caused a problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home. After the May 2019 update opening the program froze on the splash screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JEFFREY ISRAEL, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home

The last update for Win 10 caused a problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home. After the May 2019 update opening the program froze on the splash screen. After much effort to fix I finally just removed the update and Naturally Speaking worked.

What was the problem with my update?

:)

JEFFREY ISRAEL, Jun 11, 2019

2. Issues with Edge and Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 on Windows 10

Hi Ambrose,

I realize that you are facing issues with Edge and Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

• Do you have the latest version of Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 installed on the PC?
    Follow these steps to open Edge and check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “microsoft-edge:” and hit enter to open Edge.

You may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Dragon Speaks Naturally 13 on Windows 10 after November Update

Hi Amiee,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want to know if
    Dragon Speaks Naturally 13 will work after installing Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

Usually it may not cause any issue with any installed program. However if you face any issue with
    Dragon Speaks Naturally 13 after installing November Update,
    please update us with the current status of the issue. I will be glad to help you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home

ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE 6 WHEN STARTING DRAGON NATURALY SPEAKING 13

i get a fatal error or most of the time ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE 6 WHEN STARTING DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING 13. it is listed as compatible with win 10.

DennyBolen, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home

1. Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home - Similar Threads - Last update caused

2. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  3. Dragon Naturally Speaking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragon Naturally Speaking: Have Dragon v13. Last year stopped recognizing any microphone plugged in to computer by jack or USB. I couldn't find problem. Took to computer repair shop. Tech tried several basic things on spot, without success. Later said took him 1 1/2 hours to find problem. Some option,...
  4. Dragon Naturally speaking notifications will not activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dragon Naturally speaking notifications will not activate: When a Dragon Naturally speaking notification pops up on my screen and I click on it, it disappears. When all other notifications appear, I click on them and they open. What do I have to do to get the DNS updates to open? I've tried all the icons accompanying and right click....
  5. last windows 10 update causing problems

last windows 10 update causing problems: Ever since the last update to correct the vulnerability problem. Edge is not working properly and window update is stuck trying to update but never connects to receive further updates. Nothing. This is causing the computer to be unreasonably slow. Edge wont connect to default...
  6. Dragon Naturally Speaking Home Edition and Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dragon Naturally Speaking Home Edition and Win10: When I use DNS Home Edition it regularly locks Win 10 and requires a full reboot. Keyboard not respond. Any idea why and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dragon-naturally-speaking-home-edition-and-win10/7ba263c7-8d5b-428f-9738-cff59cd27559
  7. Dragon Naturally Speaking 13

Dragon Naturally Speaking 13: This program will not load from disk.Program does not recognize it and disk drive load will not function??I remember I had this problem before.It had to be loaded from a down load....
  8. Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last update for Win 10 caused problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home: The last update for Win 10 caused a problem for Naturally Speaking 13 Home. After the May 2019 update opening the program froze on the splash screen. After much effort to fix I finally just removed the update and Naturally Speaking worked. What was the problem with my...
  9. Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update: I am having massive issues with my Win 10. I think it was the last update but I am not sure. -Windows is taking between 25 and 40 mins to boot. Was a few seconds. -Discord opens but gets stuck on checking for updates. -Comodo doesnt start. -Trying to reinstall/fix Commodo...
  10. Dragon Naturally Speaking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dragon Naturally Speaking: I am trying to help my daughter who has sight problems to reinstal Dragon which seems to have just stopped and will not load. I see there is an update, surely we do not have to buy another....