Windows 10: Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

Discus and support Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time). For instance, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveRSummerfield, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time).

For instance, I updated today at 2019-06-12 7:29 PM (my computer time and my region time which is one and the same: eastern time),

but Defender says I last updated 2019-06-12 3:29 PM,

with Treat Version Definition 1.295.593.0, created on 2019-06-12 1:33 PM???

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

It is particularly annoying when the time of the last update shows up as an earlier time than the created time of the last version...

Looks as though someone's server somewhere is not set up with the right time?

Thanks in advance for a fix to this (not critical) but definitely annoying problem.

:)

SteveRSummerfield, Jun 12, 2019

2. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

1. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date - Similar Threads - Last update defender

2. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  5. Windows 7 date time always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 date time always wrong: Hello there, i am still using Windows 7 today and i want to ask this. My date time is always wrong. For example my time is 8:25 PM. And when i close the laptop or logoff, the date time stop moving. When i logon, the date time is still at 8:25 PM and the time is now moving....
  6. Date and Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time is wrong: My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the...
  7. System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Time and Date always wrong on remote PC: Hi everyone, I have tried dozens of things to fix this with no success, please help if you can! I have an industrial PC (Fitlet2) deployed remotely that I access via Teamviewer. The PC is connected to noise logging hardware, and runs software that records data and serves...
  8. Windows Security last update time wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security last update time wrong: Hello. Windows 10 (1809 17763.316) Windows Security's Last Update time is shown as the GMT + my time zone time difference, which is 8 hours, thus the time shown is always 8 hours plus. Reliability Monitor shows times correctly. Has been like this for at least 2 months. 128077
  9. Windows 10 Defender show wrong time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender show wrong time: Hello, my 1809 runs also almost without errors. Only the Defender time goes 7 hours ahead[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-defender-show-wrong-time/2a7ebdee-a347-46d7-936d-182df2c805f9
  10. Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update & Security Windows show wrong DATE: Running Win 10 Insider build 14279, 64 bit. My "Update & Security" shows wrong date. This usually happens after a cold boot. The date in the tray is correct. [img] 44165

Users found this page by searching for:

1. date on task bar ok but in bios is wrong

2. windows defender last update date

3. windows defender definiton last update showing wrong date