Windows 10: Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017

Discus and support Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 8 failed installs of KB4487017 0x800f0922 I am at my wits end here: About a 2 weeks ago, I got an update. Usually I have it so when I go to bed, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trixlette2, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017

8 failed installs of KB4487017 0x800f0922

I am at my wits end here:

About a 2 weeks ago, I got an update. Usually I have it so when I go to bed, I choose update and shut down, then it finishes when I log in. This last update I did it the usual way, but in the morning when I turned it on, it went about updating, then it said "We couldn't complete the updates - Undoing changes - Don't turn off your computer" so I left it on, let it do it's thing, and then it restarted.

When it came back on it said it was "Working on updates - going thru the percentages until it gets to 100% - Don't turn off your computer". So I wait, and then it cycles back to the first message... We could not complete the updates - Undoing changes.... then restarts again. Then it took me to my log in screen. All this installing updates, working on updates, can't complete updates and restarting takes like 20 minutes , so when it does it twice there goes 40-45 minutes, and my computer is not starting.

So, this has been going on so long now I have had 8 failed attempts..... Now it is recylcling and restarting 4 times, before I can get to my login screen. Before you ask, I have looked around, including these forums and listed below are ALL the things I have tried thus far, so it won't need to be repeated.

Not in any specific order...
    1. Paused updates for 35 days - - - It still updates.

2. Used gpedit.msc enabled do not display "install and shutdown" option - It still displays when I try to log out, NO other choice but to Sleep, Update and shut down, or Update and restart. (to try and bypass the install)

3. Power Options - Choose what the power button does - I chose shut down. It DOES shut down, right away and bypasses the install and shut down, however when I restart, it's right there installing and updating. So all that did was pause it for the time being.

4. Tried using win + X went to shut down option, and there it still says install and shutdown, no straight shut down option.

5. Services Management - Went to window update - disabled it, still shows running, and still updates.

6. I have clicked on the failed file in the window update window went to the Microsoft library, and got the standalone version of that one failed file KB4487017, downloaded it and installed it.... It says when I try to install it, you already have that file installed.

7. I also used the update fix tool, it said it found 2 problems fixed them and everything was okay. But it wasn't, when it was restarted same thing happened again, and it was recycling 3 times.

8. I went and uninstalled the file KB4487017 then I reinstalled it new. It went thru, didn't say there were any problems, until I went to shut down, and it was install update and shut down again, but I did update and restart, and again it went thru like it was doing the whole thing, got to 100%, then said it failed and was uninstalling the updates. THIS time it cycled and restarted 4 times until I got my log in screen tonight. Almost an hour and a half to get logged in. I was afraid it was going to be recycling and never start up.

I don't know what else to do or try. Any suggestions, or ideas, that I have not already tried? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

trixlette2, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 25, 2019
  3. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Moe_K Win User

Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017

Update KB4487017 Causing Windows 10 to be slow?

Hello,

Recently half our office has updated their Windows 10 up to date with KB4487017 and the last update on the workstations.

Since the update the people that have installed KB4487017 are now experiencing there machines being slow.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or has this issue been addressed/resolved with recent updates?

Posting here has been my last resort after doing my standard troubleshooting steps.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Moe

Moe_K, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017

1. Last update keeps recycling, failed KB4487017 - Similar Threads - Last update keeps

2. KB4487017 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4487017 Update Problems: Hello, i am having now kinda annoying problems with the KB4487017 cumulative update. For over a week now, the update always fails to complete when i restart laptop, even tho the Update Uninstall Manager does say that this update is already installed on my laptop. I dont know...
  3. What's up with the cumulative update (KB4487017) for Win10 1803.

What's up with the cumulative update (KB4487017) for Win10 1803.: It would appear there is a rather severe problem with the cumulative update (KB4487017). Many users are reporting BSOD faults after this update was installed as part of the Patch Tuesday updates around 12-12-19. For me, I got the update sometime overnight and the update...
  4. Windows 10 version 1803 (KB4487017)

Windows 10 version 1803 (KB4487017): 2019-02 Cumulative update for Window 10 Version 1803 for x64 based systems (KB4487017) tried to install received error Code 0x8e5e03fa. Need help to install....
  5. KB4487017 keep failing to install

KB4487017 keep failing to install: My Windows 10 Home Edition has tried 4 times to install Windows Update with KB4487017 but it failed always. I now tried to stop the update temporarily but I am not sure if that is going to do the job until I find the correct solution to this. Please anybody help me out!...
  6. KB4487017 windows update failed to install 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4487017 windows update failed to install 0x800f0922: Windows update tried to install KB4487017 but after laptop restart, I get the message "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes". The View Update History page shows the last failed install attempt has code 0x800f0922. After doing some research online, I tried...
  7. Update KB4487017 Causing Windows 10 to be slow?

Update KB4487017 Causing Windows 10 to be slow?: Hello, Recently half our office has updated their Windows 10 up to date with KB4487017 and the last update on the workstations. Since the update the people that have installed KB4487017 are now experiencing there machines being slow. Has anyone else had a similar...
  8. Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!

Update KB4487017 almost broke my HP laptop!!: No thanks to MS's refusal to give their customers back our right to choose what gets downloaded or installed, I had the above mentioned update forced on me only to have it fail after reaching 93% upon restarting. That causd my laptop to go into a reboot loop with the...
  9. KB4487017 causes Navicat Premium v12 to fail

KB4487017 causes Navicat Premium v12 to fail: Today's Update KB4487017 caused Navicat Premium v12 (this is a SQL management tool) to crash. The application would load its main window with blank contents. This window would not be clickable in any way. You could actually click other apps that were behind it. All you could...
  10. Win Update KB4487017

Win Update KB4487017: Windows Update is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-update-kb4487017/1d0514f4-4c60-4a37-9b8a-fdcbd220fe6d
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows kb4487017 slows down computer