Windows 10: Last update killed Chrome

Discus and support Last update killed Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Updated OS last night - this morning no Chrome. Tried reinstall with no success... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BernardMarino, May 26, 2019.

1. Last update killed Chrome

Updated OS last night - this morning no Chrome. Tried reinstall with no success

:)

BernardMarino, May 26, 2019

2. WIN 10 Update Kills Chrome?

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with your computer, I understand the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by the
    Babu V.

Why is Google Chrome not responding?

If the issue persists I would suggest you to uninstall chrome & reinstall in Compatibility mode & check if the issue persists.

This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the
    program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 26, 2019
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 26, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Last update killed Chrome

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

Last update killed Chrome

1. Last update killed Chrome - Similar Threads - Last update killed

2. Last Windows Update Killing my CPU 80% usage !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Windows Update Killing my CPU 80% usage !: HelloSince the Last Windows Update my CPU is escalating totally constant 20-30% with a short Jump Randomly to 80% for few second!Before my CPU was basicly not getting over 10% from that what i doing! But now comes the Funny part the CPU is only doing this if i having a...
  3. Last Windows Update Killing my CPU 80% usage !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Windows Update Killing my CPU 80% usage !: HelloSince the Last Windows Update my CPU is escalating totally constant 20-30% with a short Jump Randomly to 80% for few second!Before my CPU was basicly not getting over 10% from that what i doing! But now comes the Funny part the CPU is only doing this if i having a...
  4. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  5. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  6. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. KB5003254 Kills Chrome

KB5003254 Kills Chrome: I just was forced to install KB5003254 on my mostly new Dell Windows 10 Home computer. The Google Chrome browser immediately stopped working. It won't launch. I uninstalled the update KB5003254 and Google Chrome works just fine now. But, Windows Update is trying its best to...
  8. Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser

Windows 10 update killed my chrome browser: I've recently updated my windows 10 operation system and after I restarted my laptop I couldn't open my chrome browser. Every time I start It pops up, but than closes....
  9. last update killed screenshot feature-

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    last update killed screenshot feature-: w8 updated to 10-many updates later & after last one the screenshot feature went away- any repairs yet ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-update-killed-screenshot-feature/e79079e0-5d13-4040-9ad0-210905a3d8df"
  10. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.: When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my google account. I need chrome for some of the things I do on my computer, that Edge seems to not support. How can I get it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft update killed chrome

2. windows 10 update kills chrome

3. new windows update killed chrome

4. windows killed chrome,
  5. windows update killed chrome 2019