Windows 10: Last Update Messed Up My Computer

Discus and support Last Update Messed Up My Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now: - My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by whoyouthink, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

I'm just fed up with dealing with these things and thought I'd pose a question here. Everything was fine until the last Windows 10 update. Now:

- My computer wakes up literally every night unless I shut it down every time

- When I get up in the morning and it has magically awakened itself and I get signed in and then disconnect from the power supply to go somewhere with my laptop, you guessed it, the stupid thing starts to go to sleep and the screen turns off

- Probably 40% of the time the built in camera can't be turned on for whatever reason and I have to enter my PIN instead of it seeing me and just starting up

- When the camera does come on now it seems to have poor vision and trying to get it to recognize me is more difficult

- I just stopped working online for a minute to type out a text response on my phone to a friend and the computer started going dark so I moved my finger on the trackpad and the keyboard lit back up and then went right back off and I had to start all over again

- When the stupid thing comes back the wifi is almost always off and I have to reconnect. It magically goes to sleep and wakes up with amnesia. It is set to automatically connect but it almost never does. Why it does 5% of the time and not the other 95% is beyond me. It's super fun to have to set things up every time.

What can I do? It frustrates me to no end that my computer is not my own and that Windows can add things whenever they like that I don't want and won't use and now they break the things I actually want to use like simple tasks with being able to choose when my computer sleeps and when it wakes.

I hope I put this in the right category. I've always just dealt with the bs before but this time I'm kind of ticked off.

:)

whoyouthink, Aug 27, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Last Update Messed Up My Computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 27, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Last Update Messed Up My Computer

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Last Update Messed Up My Computer

1. Last Update Messed Up My Computer - Similar Threads - Last Update Messed

2. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  3. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  4. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  5. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  6. Update has messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  7. Windows update messed up my computer

Windows update messed up my computer: I updated my computer 12-24-19 and ever since that update i am unable to drag windows such as a google chrome window from one screen to another with my mouse, i cant drag and move the applications on my desktop. I have checked all my drivers, ive cleaned ip my pc, I dont have...
  8. 2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd question regarding last update that messed up my computer: On 8/4/19, my PC uploaded 3 updates that all had to do with my on screen keyboard. Siince that time my commputer has been typppiing douuble (uncorrected) . So I wrote to you and did as you said but it did not work. I see the culprit on event viewer as a "keyboard update" on...
  9. windows update messed up my computer

windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  10. update messed up my computer

update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can the last microsoft update mess up my computer