Windows 10: Last Update Screwed Me

Discus and support Last Update Screwed Me in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed this right after I suddenly had Microsoft Edge, which I do not use and don't want, by the way. I have no key functions for the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CherokeeRose1, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Last Update Screwed Me

I noticed this right after I suddenly had Microsoft Edge, which I do not use and don't want, by the way. I have no key functions for the following keys: backspace, right enter, and forward slash. Additionally, when I checked in Device Manager which online helps instructed me to do, I found that the standard ps/2 keyboard installed is incorrect and my computer (which is a Dell Inspiron15 3000 series laptop) reads as a DESKTOP-4TCC9P7. WTF??? I have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting, didn't help. I even reinstalled everything on the whole PC, didn't help. In doing this, the instructions said I would not lose my bookmarks, which I did. I found them in a backup file and followed the instructions to restore them and, of course it didn't work! I am about to throw this thing out a window. I contacted Microsoft and Dell online and they wanted me to pay for them to fix it. Yeah. No.

:)

CherokeeRose1, Aug 15, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Last Update Screwed Me :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 15, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Last Update Screwed Me

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Last Update Screwed Me

1. Last Update Screwed Me - Similar Threads - Last Update Screwed

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  4. Thanks for screwing me up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thanks for screwing me up: OneDrive has been saving all my files such as photos, videos and documents without me realizing it I have ADHDI uninstalled OneDrive because i never use it and have no interest in buying it. It deleted ALL MY WORK FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. Tried using system recovery. Files...
  5. Thanks for screwing me up

Thanks for screwing me up: OneDrive has been saving all my files such as photos, videos and documents without me realizing it I have ADHDI uninstalled OneDrive because i never use it and have no interest in buying it. It deleted ALL MY WORK FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. Tried using system recovery. Files...
  6. PC screwing with me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC screwing with me: So when I wasnt looking, my PC autorestarted and ran an Automatic repair. It was taking longer than usual so I hard restarted power button. Then, it doesn't show the circle and then after a loooooong time it went into the BIOS. It was very sudden too, and I ran S.F.C, and it...
  7. PC screwing with me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screwing with me: So when I wasnt looking, my PC autorestarted and ran an Automatic repair. It was taking longer than usual so I hard restarted power button. Then, it doesn't show the circle and then after a loooooong time it went into the BIOS. It was very sudden too, and I ran S.F.C, and it...
  8. PC screwing with me

9. Microsoft screwing me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft screwing me?: It seems that I have to use 365 to store my files anymore, I have a bought and paid for copy of Office 2010 and now you are telling me I have to pay to store files. I already paid once for the program, this is bulloney....
  10. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update last night screwed up my laptop: Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just...