Windows 10: last update stopped program from running

Discus and support last update stopped program from running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wood, May 14, 2016.

1. Wood Win User

last update stopped program from running

Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run.
    I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword
    I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help.
    Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution, (yeah right.)

:)

2. redundacy error

my computer was updated last month and one of the programs that I had previously would not run. when I reinserted the program cd the program would stop after a few seconds and would go on and on with the same line showing and eventually it would say that
    the program is showing redundancy and will not advance.

earlvan waters, May 14, 2016
  3. Programs stopped running

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 several days ago. All my programs ran fine. Today, several refuse to run, and Windows now says that they are incompatible. Windows set them to run in compatablilty mode Windows XP, but they still fail. That can't
    be - they were running fine under Windows 10 just yesterday! Is this a bug, and is it going to continue to disable programs indiscriminately? How can I re-enable my programs?

KarlPritchard, May 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

If you are sure a Windows update stopped a program running, you can hide that update so it is not reapplied (see Tutorial section), and uninstall it.

dalchina, May 14, 2016
  5. Wood Win User
    does that stop future updates
    if I hide does that make all of that update not active

6. dalchina New Member
  7. LostDog Win User
    I'm having the same problem and I don't understand any of what was said above to solve the problem.

LostDog, May 15, 2016
  8. LostDog Win User

Mr Wood, sorry to disappoint you regarding your desire to blame Windows 10 but, as I have discovered after much digging to fix my own problem with eSword, you have the wrong culprit. last update stopped program from running :)

You have AVG. AVG also updated recently and AVG now thinks that eSword is a virus.

Here's the fix:

open AVG, click on options - advanced setting - exceptions - add exception - browse and then find where you have eSword.exe installed and select. (On my computer its in Program Files (x86). It could be different on yours. Maybe you should find it before you try the fix so that you know where to look when you browse). Check all 4 exception boxes and click ok. close AVG and eSword should work perfectly fine, once again. last update stopped program from running :)

It took me all day to find this fix that takes about 2 FREAKING minutes but you'll be happy once you do it. God bless last update stopped program from running :)

LostDog, May 15, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Thanks for posting your solution. Hopefully it will help @Wood, and any others that come across it.

simrick, May 15, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Five days ago Insider Build 14342 was released. If you are in the Insider program, you need to state that in the Subject and your post.

bro67, May 15, 2016
  11. Wood Win User
    Thanks, that worked, this is my favorite bible program, real bummer not to be able to blame windows 10

Question: Nothing was said about avg, shouldn't avg if it is blocking it have said something

12. bro67 Win User
    I have ran Xiphos with no issues. e-Sword is built off of that platform and works just as good.

I doubt that the last set of updates had anything to do with e-Sword from running. If it did, you would have other programs having issues.

There are a few reports with E-Sword having serious issues with Window 10.

bro67, May 15, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

You would be surprised at how many times a A/V program like AVG has caused headaches by stopping programs from running and throwing up false positives.

I just run Defender on the desktop that I have 10 running on. Until Microsoft is down messing around with things, keep third party Malware/Anti-virus software off and just run Defender, along with use either Firefox or Chrome with WOT and Ad Block Plus.

bro67, May 15, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    I'm glad it worked. But, don't thank me, thank @LostDog for posting the solution. I don't use AVG, so I have no idea how it reports what it blocks, sorry. Cheers!

simrick, May 15, 2016
  15. LostDog Win User
    I have no idea. Normally AVG does have a pop up. The only reason I knew you have AVG is because I do and that's what was causing the issue. Nothing spookier than that. last update stopped program from running :)

LostDog, May 16, 2016
Thema:

1. last update stopped program from running - Similar Threads - last update stopped

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  6. Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why did MultiDigiMon.exe stop running with the last Windows Update?: In Windows 10.19042.630, Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0, when trying to run the MultiDigiMon.exe command as admin, which is the Multiple Digital Monitor Touch Screen Mapping Tool, nothing happens. This is the case on a few different machines that I tried. It worked in...
  7. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  8. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  9. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  10. Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stopping unwanted programs from running in Win10x32v1809: In Task Manager, Processes tab shows many entries of programs I rarely or no longer use. When they are right-clicked and 'End process' is selected, the effect is only temporary. Is there a way of making the effect permanent ?...