Windows 10: LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

Discus and support LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know how to make widows go to the last used window. Alt tab only works between apps. often in outlook I want to flip between the open dialog of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Jan 30, 2021.

1. DonMurray Win User

LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

Anyone know how to make widows go to the last used window. Alt tab only works between apps. often in outlook I want to flip between the open dialog of a new contact and back to it or I want to go between tabs in browsers. ALT TAB is only good sometimes. It would be nice to have a last used window shortcut. Anyone know of how that might work ?

:)

DonMurray, Jan 30, 2021
  2. GAS
    Gas Win User

Alt/Tab has changed

Hello, here is a list of all keyboard shortcuts in W10:
    Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

I think it will be very useful to you.

3. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Jan 30, 2021
  4. LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

alt tab not working

Hi,

To isolate this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the same issue with other key shortcuts or only with the Alt + Tab shortcut key?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When did this issue start to happen?
    • Have you recently installed new hardware or software?

To isolate your concern, kindly boot your computer to Safe and check if you will encounter the same issue. To perform Safe mode, follow the steps provided in this link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT

1. LAST USED WINDOW SHORTCUT ? not ALT-TAB BUT - Similar Threads - LAST USED WINDOW

2. Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows: Is there anyway of Alt-Tabbing between the last 2 used windows with the simple button combo?Previous versions of Windows you could quickly switch between 2 in-use windows by repeatedly pressing Alt-Tab eg Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window B, Alt-Tab -> Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window...
  3. Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows: Is there anyway of Alt-Tabbing between the last 2 used windows with the simple button combo?Previous versions of Windows you could quickly switch between 2 in-use windows by repeatedly pressing Alt-Tab eg Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window B, Alt-Tab -> Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window...
  4. Alt + tab no longer switches to last window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + tab no longer switches to last window in Windows 11: Hi all,One of the most useful shortcuts I use all the time is not working for me on my new laptop with Windows 11. I used to use ALT + TAB to switch between the current window and the last window I used. Now if I use it it switches between the current window and the first...
  5. Alt + tab no longer switches to last window in Windows 11

Alt + tab no longer switches to last window in Windows 11: Hi all,One of the most useful shortcuts I use all the time is not working for me on my new laptop with Windows 11. I used to use ALT + TAB to switch between the current window and the last window I used. Now if I use it it switches between the current window and the first...
  6. Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB: For a very long time now, I've been having issues with Windows 11. When I use ALT + TAB to switch to another window and come back to another window, the ALT keys/menus are triggered. This means that if you start typing e.g. in Word, you're not typing in your document but...
  7. Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB

Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB: For a very long time now, I've been having issues with Windows 11. When I use ALT + TAB to switch to another window and come back to another window, the ALT keys/menus are triggered. This means that if you start typing e.g. in Word, you're not typing in your document but...
  8. Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + Tab and other shortcuts intermittently not working: I have an intermittent problem with my work surface pro laptop. Every few days shortcut keys using the ‘Alt’ or ‘Windows key’ will stop. This has always resolved spontaneously, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after several reboots and a lot of time wasted!...
  9. Alt tab shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt tab shortcut not working: just recently i tried holding down alt and tab which i had done minutes ago and it just instantly switched to the other window instead of popping up a overlay which shows all the windows. How do i fix this? submitted by /u/Arlojmikk [link] [comments]...
  10. What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    What happened to windows Alt+Tab desktop shortcut: [img] Hi Guys Remember when we could navigate to windows desktop easily?Well I don't know what happened to windows and they changed the feature or that I don't know how to use the feature anymore. I used to enjoy using alt+tab to go to desktop ,But now as we use the keys...