Windows 10: Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

Discus and support Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hlingler, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Hlingler Win User

Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to grasp the magnitude of the issue. All of my 3rd-party apps seem to have had their history and settings wiped e.g.: XnView, Acrobat Reader, AutoWikiBrowser, LiberOffice, etc., etc., etc.. This is a *giant* headache. Can this be reversed or recovered? Thanks, VJS

:)

Hlingler, Jun 30, 2020

2. how do I erase all contents and settings?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What do you mean when you state "erase all my contents and settings"?

2. Do you want your PC to return to the original OS or do you want to install Windows 10 with everything erased?

If you wish to remove/erase all the data from Windows 10 OS I would suggest that you perform Reset with Remove Everything. This will erase all your personal files, folders and settings, and will return the PC in its original state. Follow
    steps below:

1. Click on the Start Menu and then select Settings.

2. Click on Update and Security and then click on the Recovery located on the left menu pane.

3. Then click on the Reset this PC button.

4. Choose the options that you wish and click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 30, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

1. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings... - Similar Threads - Last update erased

2. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  3. Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting to factory default and erasing all personal data: I reset my Surface running Windows 11 to factory default state, but I'm seeing contents ie. personal folders, and files that I thought should not be there after resetting. I'm trying to understand why this is happening and how I can truly reset to a factory default state. Any...
  4. The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...: The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I can't find them on my computer. This is going to cost me a fairly large sum in lost sales. is there any way I can get them back? They don't seem to be in my computer any longer....
  5. The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I...: The last windows 10 update erased all the photo files I had in a folder on my desktop. I can't find them on my computer. This is going to cost me a fairly large sum in lost sales. is there any way I can get them back? They don't seem to be in my computer any longer....
  6. Windows update erases all my info.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update erases all my info.: I have had no response to the question I asked yesterday. Every time there has been a Windows update on my laptop my since the beginning of the year EVERYTHING on my laptop is erased. Is there a patch I can install to prevent this from happening? I am now w working from...
  7. Windows update erases all my info.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update erases all my info.: Is there some kind of patch to prevent this from happening again? It happens every time there has been an update since the begining of the year. It is getting very frustrating!!!!!...
  8. Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer: on 8/19 my windows computer updated on it's own and when i opened my computer it was factory reset, didn't have any of my files, didn't save any of my personal preferences, said my windows account was "corrupted", and now factory resets like that every time that the computer...
  9. Feature update for windows 10 erases all default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature update for windows 10 erases all default settings: When I login into my computer. All my personal settings have been wiped out after windows 10 home update 17763.379, including favorites for my browser...
  10. windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 flushed ALL personalization settings: so, got a british buddy whose windows 10 computer has seen fit to flush ALL personalized settings..I'm talking from screensaver, to wallpaper, even his google chrome is looking factory install fresh if you catch my drift. to say he is NOT a happy camper is like saying it...