Windows 10: Last Windows 10 Update/patch causing text disappearance

Discus and support Last Windows 10 Update/patch causing text disappearance in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last Windows 10 update has caused the hiding of all text if all file menus, Windows Explorer and on file save and retrieve screens. I can see all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mim Moco, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Mim Moco Win User

Last Windows 10 Update/patch causing text disappearance

The last Windows 10 update has caused the hiding of all text if all file menus, Windows Explorer and on file save and retrieve screens. I can see all the file icons, but all the text is invisible. The Is there an easy fix without wiping the system and reloading from a backup?

:)

Mim Moco, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 28, 2018
  4. wsfeng Win User

Windows10: all menu text disappeared! Help!

Hello,

Something is wrong with my Windows 10. A few days ago, all menu text disappeared! Initially, reboot the system would resolve the issue. But now reboot the system doesn't help at all. I tried to reset the system yesterday, it doesn't work either.

For example, if you click on the network button on the right bottom corner, a list of available wifi networks will be displayed. But what I get is only a list of the wireless icons, all the network names are disappeared.

However, if I login as a different user (Administrator), the menu text are back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wsfeng, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Last Windows 10 Update/patch causing text disappearance - Similar Threads - Last Update patch

2. last windows 10 patch killed my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    last windows 10 patch killed my pc: The new update killed my pc. Nothing works anymore. Firefox, windows search, windows updates load forever, graphic card can not be updated. desktop icons are gone. i9 10900k rtx 2080ti 32 gb ram submitted by /u/Tommy174 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 Update Cycle 1809 Last Patch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Cycle 1809 Last Patch: Hi All I think this will be a really quick answer, Windows 10 Enterprise goes out of support on May 11th this year. Does this mean this will be the last security patch for this OS (in theory giving us an extra month to get our devices updated) or does it mean there will be...
  4. Text missing on Windows 10 since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text missing on Windows 10 since last update: Ever since I've done the latest functionality update for Windows towards version 2004, according to Windows Update, there are times where the text refuses to display on system programs like Explorer, Notepad & Task Manager. And for those suggesting to use the SFC/DISM tools:...
  5. last windows 10 update causing problems

last windows 10 update causing problems: Ever since the last update to correct the vulnerability problem. Edge is not working properly and window update is stuck trying to update but never connects to receive further updates. Nothing. This is causing the computer to be unreasonably slow. Edge wont connect to default...
  6. Texts folder disappeared after a Windows 10 update

Texts folder disappeared after a Windows 10 update: In an update from two weeks ago, Windows deleted my "Texts" folder. It was located in my "Documents" folder, and all my notepad .txt files were stored there by default. Now it's like they've vanished. I can't find them anywhere. I've used search, I've shown hidden files, etc....
  7. Texts folder disappeared after a Windows 10 update

Texts folder disappeared after a Windows 10 update: In an update from two weeks ago, Windows deleted my "Texts" folder. It was located in my "Documents" folder, and all my notepad .txt files were stored there by default. Now it's like they've vanished. I can't find them anywhere. I've used search, I've shown hidden files, etc....
  8. Texts folder disappeared after a Windows 10 update

9. Windows 10 last patches and uncrypted wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 last patches and uncrypted wifi: I just get in trouble trying to connect to unsecure Wifi access point like not encrypted or WEP. What ever I do, Windows 10 fails to connect to these acces points. I have a lot of Wifi equipments (toy, gamebox, surveillance cameras, etc) witch provide an initial access...
  10. Last two Windows 10 updates cause my Input Indicator to disappear from the taskbar

Last two Windows 10 updates cause my Input Indicator to disappear from the taskbar: It still appears perfectly fine on the lock-screen, but when I log in, it doesn't appear in my taskbar. Uninstalling all languages, restarting, and adding them back in seems to fix it, but as far as I can tell, the instant I add Chinese back in it breaks again. Once Chinese...