Windows 10: Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.

Discus and support Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 and virtually every website I used was eliminated. All my cookies, passwords, and histories were destroyed. I have spent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesElkin, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.

I recently updated Windows 10 and virtually every website I used was eliminated. All my cookies, passwords, and histories were destroyed. I have spent three days trying to put my computer back together and all I get is a stupid 60 character "what can I help you with". I swear this update was the last one I'll ever use and will never buy anything from Microsoft again. I am so mad.

:)

JamesElkin, Jul 16, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.

Why did a update wipe my computer clean last night?

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that system was wiped after an update.

• Which update did you install (Windows update or any other update)?
    • When you say wipe my clean computer, did it uninstall the Windows or did it go back to previous version or did it reset/restore the system?

If it was due to Windows updates, then I suggest you to try restoring the system and check. Restore option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or
    Windows update, and when you
    create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.

1. Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean. - Similar Threads - Last Update was

2. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  3. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  4. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  6. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  7. Windows update wiped my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped my computer: I just did the windows update last night and i woke up to my computer needing to reinstall windows. I tried to recover to a past point and was unable to due to it wiping my information. Has this happened to anyone?...
  8. windows 10 update wiped laptop clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update wiped laptop clean: how is it that your latest window 10 update can totally wipe all my documents, data ,photos, videos, even stuff stored in the cloud?? after quick research it appears this has been happening since 2017 and still in 2019. Also why did my system revert to US. format I pay a lot...
  9. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....
  10. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....