Windows 10: Last Windows push disable SD card readers

Discus and support Last Windows push disable SD card readers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the last update I received my SD card could no longer be visible for the computers listed drives. I had to attached a card reader thru another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bruce Juli-Ann and, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Last Windows push disable SD card readers

After the last update I received my SD card could no longer be visible for the computers listed drives. I had to attached a card reader thru another USB and then it was read only.

I have the devices showing up as unplugged on an analysis search. I still cannot get the drive recognized so I can transfer images

Looking for a fix that I as an ignorant user can understand

:)

Bruce Juli-Ann and, Jan 20, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Issues with Windows Update-pushed Realtek SD Card Reader Driver.

Last Windows push disable SD card readers [​IMG]

- I'd expect one like that..

Then temporarily disable updates, and use one of the methods to scan for drivers and hide that one.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Pedro M Win User

Last Windows push disable SD card readers

SD Card Reader

Hi, i hope you're doing good today.

Let's try the following and see if some of these methods works for you.

1. Check SD Card in Disk Management

If your SD card doesn’t show up in Windows 10 File System, but in Disk Management, check whether there is a drive letter for the card. Follow the steps below to add a drive letter:

Step 1. Right click “My Computer” and select “Disk Management”.

Step 2. In Disk Management, your SD card will appear as a removable disk. Check if it has a drive letter like D or E.

Step 3. If not, right click the SD card and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.

Step 4. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”. Your SD card would be working in File System along with local disks.

Check SD Card in Disk Management

2. Remove SD Card Write Protection

There is a knowledge point that write protected SD card will not be displayed on other devices, except the original one. So if you did lock your SD card before, the first thing is to remove write protection from SD card. Check the lock switch beside the card
    or use disk utility. It can also fix SD card not showing up on Windows 10.

3. Reinstall/Update SD Card Driver

When you update Windows 10, it will automatically renew all device drivers. But if you still have problem with a device, it is still well worth a try to update or reinstall the driver. Here’s how to update/reinstall driver to repair (micro) SD card not detected
    on Windows 10:

Step 1. Click “Start” and enter “Device Manager”. Select it from the results.

Step 2. Find your SD card and right click it, then select “Update Driver”.

Step 3. Select “Search automatically for updated drive software”. If there is no new driver, try to look for one on the manufacturer’s website and follow the installation wizard.

Step 4. If it doesn’t work to update driver, just right click the device and select “Uninstall”. Then restart your computer, and Windows will reinstall the driver by itself.

4. Enable SD Card Reader

Disabled SD card will not show up on Windows 10. The steps to enable this function are the same as above. First find your SD card in “Device Manager” and right click it. If it shows “Disable Device”, then you have already enabled SD card reader and there is
    no need to do anything. If not, just select the option “Enable Device”. Then Windows 10 could detect your SD card normally.

5. Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

Troubleshooter is a built-in repair tool in Windows 10. It helps to fix common computer problems. You can also use it to solve (micro) SD card not detected on Windows 10 problem.

Step 1. Click “Settings”> “Update & security”> “Troubleshooter”.

Step 2. Select “Hardware and Devices”, then click “Run the troubleshooter”. After detecting the problem, the troubleshooter will fix it automatically.

Regards.

Pedro M, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Last Windows push disable SD card readers

1. Last Windows push disable SD card readers - Similar Threads - Last push disable

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  7. Issues with Windows Update-pushed Realtek SD Card Reader Driver.

Issues with Windows Update-pushed Realtek SD Card Reader Driver.: Hello! I'm not sure if this belongs here or the Windows Update section, but here goes. I have a USB 3.0 front panel card reader installed in my computer, an HP MCR15IN1-U2U3, attached to an add-in USB 3.0 PCIe card. It's based on the Realtek RTS5341 chip. Recently, I had a...
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  10. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: My SD card reader is suddenly not working. The SD cards can be read in other Windows 10 devices, but cannot be seen any longer on this device. The Windows 10 Update occurred recently, assuming that may have caused the issue. Tried to Restore to previous point, before this...