Windows 10: Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

Discus and support Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Looks like the most recent set of Windows 10 updates pushed down to me though my work infrastructure has broken the Word object I use for application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rick Duke, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Rick Duke Win User

Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

Looks like the most recent set of Windows 10 updates pushed down to me though my work infrastructure has broken the Word object I use for application lvel Spell-check in a VB6 application of mine. Have been using the Word object to Spell check for years now, but with the most recent May-June 2021 update, I'm finding the Spell-check dialog no longer displays the suspected misspelled words. Below is a screen shot of the new behavior. The to portion of the dialog at top should contain the offending sentence fragment containing suspected misspelling. It no longer does with this most recent updat

:)

Rick Duke, Jun 11, 2021
  2. thanhtan Win User

VB6 or VB.Net?

This describes some of the many differences between VB6 and VB.NET. Much of the current VB6 code base will not run under VB.NET due to changes in VB.NET's syntax and language, its use of the new common runtime, and its switch to WinForms from the VB6 form model.

Visual Basic.NET includes an upgrade tool to assist in converting VB6 projects to .NET. The tool adds an upgrade report to your project listing any problems and inserts comments into your code and To Do items into the new Task List indicating where additional changes need to be made.

However, understanding the following changes can help simplify migrating your existing VB6 code. For further information on this topic, visit Microsoft's web site.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Electronics maze

thanhtan, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Word Pad have spellcheck?

Does Windows 10 Word pad have spellcheck ?

Claudia or ChuckClayton, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

How to permanently disable spellchecker in Edge browser?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to disable the spellchecker.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on devices.
    • Go to Typing tab.
    • Turn off, Highlight misspelled words.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

1. Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object - Similar Threads - Last update broke

2. Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word: Hi there,In whatever desktop app I use, Chrome, Firefox, Discord, that uses the system's spellchecker, I never get the right suggestions.I've uninstalled and reinstalled my english languages packs, i've turned off and turned on spellcheckingIt was not always like this, it...
  3. Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spellchecking is no longer finding the right word: Hi there,In whatever desktop app I use, Chrome, Firefox, Discord, that uses the system's spellchecker, I never get the right suggestions.I've uninstalled and reinstalled my english languages packs, i've turned off and turned on spellcheckingIt was not always like this, it...
  4. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Word spellcheck in Office: How can I remove the spellcheck for words like it's I write its So it doesn't always require a 'Office 2019Old spellcheck, 2003, used to remember changes in a a document, but new spellcheck doesn't, is there any way to get this back?I really miss the old Word spellcheck, from...
  5. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Word spellcheck in Office: How can I remove the spellcheck for words like it's I write its So it doesn't always require a 'Office 2019Old spellcheck, 2003, used to remember changes in a a document, but new spellcheck doesn't, is there any way to get this back?I really miss the old Word spellcheck, from...
  6. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...: I was writing an email today in Gmail and changed my spellcheck language for a minute, then I switched it back to English and it appears to have broken it. It doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites like Google search while on others does not work anymore...
  8. W10 Last update broke voice dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Last update broke voice dictation: I extensively used for work voice dictation in italian, now it seems that Italian is no more supported why?The toggle can be enabled, but error message appear. Pressing "OK" the toggle stays enabled but dictation do not work....
  9. Last update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  10. Last Update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...