Windows 10: Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

Discus and support Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Looks like the most recent set of Windows 10 updates pushed down to me though my work infrastructure has broken the Word object I use for application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rick Duke, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Rick Duke Win User

Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

Looks like the most recent set of Windows 10 updates pushed down to me though my work infrastructure has broken the Word object I use for application lvel Spell-check in a VB6 application of mine. Have been using the Word object to Spell check for years now, but with the most recent May-June 2021 update, I'm finding the Spell-check dialog no longer displays the suspected misspelled words. Below is a screen shot of the new behavior. The to portion of the dialog at top should contain the offending sentence fragment containing suspected misspelling. It no longer does with this most recent updat

:)

Rick Duke, Jun 11, 2021
  2. thanhtan Win User

VB6 or VB.Net?

This describes some of the many differences between VB6 and VB.NET. Much of the current VB6 code base will not run under VB.NET due to changes in VB.NET's syntax and language, its use of the new common runtime, and its switch to WinForms from the VB6 form model.

Visual Basic.NET includes an upgrade tool to assist in converting VB6 projects to .NET. The tool adds an upgrade report to your project listing any problems and inserts comments into your code and To Do items into the new Task List indicating where additional changes need to be made.

However, understanding the following changes can help simplify migrating your existing VB6 code. For further information on this topic, visit Microsoft's web site.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Electronics maze

thanhtan, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Word Pad have spellcheck?

Does Windows 10 Word pad have spellcheck ?

Claudia or ChuckClayton, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

How to permanently disable spellchecker in Edge browser?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to disable the spellchecker.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on devices.
    • Go to Typing tab.
    • Turn off, Highlight misspelled words.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object

1. Last Windows update broke VB6 Word Spellcheck object - Similar Threads - Last update broke

2. last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    last two updates in the recent days, last one yesterday, broke audio option: the two Windows 10 updates that were forced in the recent days messed up audio capabilities. The first one screwed up the bluetooth output to speakers, i'm left with slow stutters. The update yesterday, presumably a patch, now screwed up the audio jack - a microphone...
  3. last night's update broke link to vcruntime140_1.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    last night's update broke link to vcruntime140_1.dll: how do i fix this - or get an update asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-nights-update-broke-link-to-vcruntime1401dll/55048c26-f16e-4cd6-8929-7c1fbc1d9b20
  4. Last update broke my laptop

Last update broke my laptop: Clicked update and restart. Screen said restating for 20 minutes then went black. Keys are all lit up, but the laptop is completely unresponsive. Asus tuf 505 laptop. Ideas?...
  5. Last Update broke my computer

Last Update broke my computer: Few days before I had updated my pc and was using it just fine, my pc started to show errors like missing dll files right after logging in. I reverted back to old update and tried to update again, latest update 1090 or something was stuck downloading at 0%. I then installed...
  6. Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking: Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking. Router is all set with port forwarding, provider is not changing anything and got strict NAT type and blocked server connectivity. Tried the last fix that worked and that was using "Fix it button" combined with...
  7. VB6 on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    VB6 on Win10: Hello All, I have an EXE which was written in VB6 edition. It uses a "Comm Port" and lists all the available COMM ports of the system in a drop down. This EXE works well on Win7 and Win8. But, when we use this EXE (developed in VB6) on Win10 OS, then dropdown containing...
  8. Old VB6 App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old VB6 App: Hi, I'm hoping I can get some suggestions for these small problems I and a few others are having with an old VB6 application which is not working properly under Win10. The vast majority of this program is working fine, just 2 (so far!) small functions are not working. 1....
  9. office spellchecker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office spellchecker: Hi the other day in my office 365 (insider last bulid) i see a rigth panel who have a list of how many errors i have in my document 100 ortographic 100 stile and grammar 100 inclusive languaje I like to see that list but i dont know how to show it. I does not have a...
  10. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...