Windows 10: Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

Discus and support Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB4470788, KB4471332, KB2054637 One of these updates screwed up my blue Performance MX mouse - can no longer pair the device to windows 10. It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marlae35, Dec 18, 2018.

1. marlae35 Win User

Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

KB4470788, KB4471332, KB2054637

One of these updates screwed up my blue Performance MX mouse - can no longer pair the device to windows 10. It works at a snails pace now.

Ran device troubleshooter, reinstalled and reinstalled the drive/software - still cannot pair it.

Spent over three hours on this and now back to old corded mouse.

So, like now what?

:)

marlae35, Dec 18, 2018

2. Keyboard and Mouse stop working on recent Windows 10 update, Feb 2018

Hi,

Windows Update is a utility used to keep your Windows-based computer up-to-date with the latest patches. Just to clarify, after your installed the Windows update, have you tried to update the drivers of your device? An outdated driver or corrupted system
    file is one of the reasons why this issue occurs. To resolve your concern, we recommend running the
    Hardware and devices Troubleshooter. The following steps are listed below:

• First, click Start, then type Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Lastly, run the Hardware and devices Troubleshooter.

For more troubleshooting steps, we suggest this link:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Marvelos Reg, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Keyboard and Mouse stop working on recent Windows 10 update, Feb 2018

Did you read the problem? The Keyboard and mouse don't work! You can't " type Control Panel " .... You can't type. The Win 10 1709 update for February was bad for older machines. What is the fix?

RobertInfante, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

1. Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working - Similar Threads - Lastest Dec 2018

2. Erratic mouse after Dec 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erratic mouse after Dec 10 update: My mouse cursor has been a bit shaky lately. It's gotten worse and sometimes I can hardly move it. This morning, while I was tutoring a child, of all times, it went haywire! It started writing squiggly lines on the slides I was trying to teach her from and then opened dozens...
  3. Lastest Windows Update Failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lastest Windows Update Failures: On 3/12/2020 my desktop computer Acer Z3-715 AIO, fully up to date on Win10 including updates from 3/10/2020 updated itself with a some sort of update that caused an infinite BSOD loop. I tried every possible resolution suggested by the BSOD options given, yet none worked....
  4. Lastest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lastest windows 10 update: I've tried to install the latest version of Windows 10 twice and it's (hopefully) not installing correctly. If it is correct, it's terrible for me and I don't want it. How do I skip this download? E. Copping...
  5. My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update

My Computer crashed after installing Windows 10 Dec 2018 update: On restarting the computer after downloading and installing the Dec2018 update I noted that the installation was taking a long time and the screen was flashing on and off repeatedly. In installation process gave a message to say that the installation was taking a long time...
  6. Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update (Dec 2018) lost audio: Windows 10 updated on my computer on December 18, 2018. After update, I no longer have sound. After further research, I now have no speakers. I have done device manager uninstall, checked bios update for my motherboard and download/support for my audio (everything is up to...
  7. Windows update 15th Dec 2018

Windows update 15th Dec 2018: You did an update yesterday, the first I knew was a message stating you would be restarting.... now Today, I cannot find files (yet again what is it with your updates and deleting files). Where are they. One especially is pinned on Excel and now doesn't exist. It has a...
  8. 11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates

11 Dec 2018 Windows 10 Updates: Hi: I found a bunch of updates ready to install on my Win 10 Pro Desktop Machine, so I went ahead and did the updates, and then the machine started to go thru the reboot process and that is where things went bad. I no longer have a desktop available and if I try to Shift,...
  9. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates: Lenovo yoga had it for at least 5 years latest updates have hosed the network adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself-after-dec-2018/674d257b-e809-41f7-9e6e-e0fb011fe611
  10. Lastest Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lastest Windows 10 Updates: The last (2) two updates has changed my screen resolution "display", the setting shows a 1920x1080 but it is stretched vertically and horizontally, cannot see Cortina, lower taskbar and things on left, right and top of screen. Had restored to 10/10/18 update a couple of days...