Windows 10: Lastest Windows Update Failures

Discus and support Lastest Windows Update Failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On 3/12/2020 my desktop computer Acer Z3-715 AIO, fully up to date on Win10 including updates from 3/10/2020 updated itself with a some sort of update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bhaydis, Mar 17, 2020.

1. bhaydis Win User

Lastest Windows Update Failures

On 3/12/2020 my desktop computer Acer Z3-715 AIO, fully up to date on Win10 including updates from 3/10/2020 updated itself with a some sort of update that caused an infinite BSOD loop. I tried every possible resolution suggested by the BSOD options given, yet none worked. They all brought be back to the same BSOD infinite loop.

So, I made a bootable USB on my laptop Acer R5-571T, also fully up to date on Win10 including updates from 03/10/2020, which I was sort of able to install on the desktop. In the meanwhile, I paused all updates on the laptop as I cannot be without a computer. My iPad just doesn't cut it for computing purposes.

Now, the desktop works if it never shuts down. Once it shuts down for any reason a non-MS software update, for example it takes an hour or more to boot back up, if it even boots up. Generally, it's about three times or more before it reboots properly. As well, often the keyboard and mouse connected via Bluetooth are often not recognized, nor is the WiFi.

I've read online in many tech and non-tech articles that KB4535996 is the issue, but I had no problems after that was updated on the 3/12/2020 on both the desktop and the laptop.

What appears to be the issue for me, as it was the last update loaded on my desktop, is KB4551762. Again, I've stopped it from loading on my laptop for seven days. I know this was the last update to my desktop, though I'm now unable to get to the proof due to this infinite reboot issue.

As my desktop is now pretty much useless due to this failure by Microsoft, I'm wondering what my next steps are for getting remuneration or a fix from Microsoft so that I can either replace this desktop or fix it back to it's previously perfect working order prior to this update.

:)

bhaydis, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, Mar 17, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Advice For People wishing to update to Windows 10 Redstone

Yep. Tried to update my Realtek sound driver to the lastest version. After that I can't even use the Realtek sound control panel any more. It is now blocked. Seems M$ is determined to force users to swallow their automated driver update system.

f*u*c*k this. One step forward two steps backward.

xkm1948, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Lastest Windows Update Failures - Similar Threads - Lastest Update Failures

2. Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to uninstall the lastest update kb4592438 ??: I read that the lastest windows update damages SSDs. I don't want my computer to die so I thought of uninstalling the update. Should I do it or are there any reasons why that is not a safe move? submitted by /u/Supersupermate [link] [comments]...
  3. What is the lastest update and how long is the install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the lastest update and how long is the install?: OK, I get it, the subject is ridiculous. But, I have no idea what might be better. I had to re-install Windows a month ago which was an experience in itself. Virtually nothing worked as indicated by MS, but I managed to forge through it. I obtained all the updates or...
  4. Lastest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lastest windows 10 update: I've tried to install the latest version of Windows 10 twice and it's (hopefully) not installing correctly. If it is correct, it's terrible for me and I don't want it. How do I skip this download? E. Copping...
  5. Lastest win10 update messed me up

Lastest win10 update messed me up: My box wont boot to windows but I do get the logo; well if I hit reset then it will finally load;; hey you guys;; Get it right and don't make me a beta tester for your issues...
  6. Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working

Lastest Windows Dec 2018 Update - Mouse not working: KB4470788, KB4471332, KB2054637 One of these updates screwed up my blue Performance MX mouse - can no longer pair the device to windows 10. It works at a snails pace now. Ran device troubleshooter, reinstalled and reinstalled the drive/software - still cannot pair it....
  7. lastest microsoft update last night

lastest microsoft update last night: Last night my computer updated and when I turned my computer on there are a lot of foreign looking symbols in the place of my shortcuts and on my word documents. I open a new word document and instead of "save" or "home" at the top I get boxes, triangles, question marks...
  8. Lastest Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lastest Windows 10 Updates: The last (2) two updates has changed my screen resolution "display", the setting shows a 1920x1080 but it is stretched vertically and horizontally, cannot see Cortina, lower taskbar and things on left, right and top of screen. Had restored to 10/10/18 update a couple of days...
  9. realtek lastest driver ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek lastest driver ?: hello which driver do you recommend? asus m5a97 r2 Realtek® ALC887 windows 10 rs4 119449
  10. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates: Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing...