Windows 10: LastPass credentials leak bug reported and resolved

Discus and support LastPass credentials leak bug reported and resolved in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Our team recently investigated and resolved a bug affecting certain LastPass extensions. Tavis Ormandy, a security researcher from Google’s Project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

LastPass credentials leak bug reported and resolved

Source: LastPass Bug Reported & Resolved - The LastPass Blog

:)

Brink, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Source: LastPass Bug Reported & Resolved - The LastPass Blog

Brink, Sep 24, 2019
  3. LastPass

Installed LastPass for Internet Explorer but, every time I try to sign into LastPass it crashes Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?

SilverBack70, Sep 24, 2019
  4. LastPass credentials leak bug reported and resolved

Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. LastPass credentials leak bug reported and resolved - Similar Threads - LastPass credentials leak

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  4. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello,This is Kashif here, I want to report a bug about Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations. There is an alignment issue on product receipt. Below is the screenshot of the bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-report/6d855637-a6a6-4470-98c6-82c6091d5732
  5. report a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    report a bug: bug ? .. regarding windows 10 file explorer. sorry for the grammar .. I am 80 and i have arthritis in my hands so i try to minimize typing. when a new version of my vb.net desktop application is run for the first time it does the following. 1 .. the program deletes any old...
  6. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  7. Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak

Bug report - Windows 10 "Photos" app memory leak: Double-click on a file in a directory with lots of images Wait for Photos to open the image Click the Crop tool Crop the image Click "Save" not Save a copy Click the right-arrow to go to the next image Repeat step 3 The app gets slower over time, and memory consumption...
  8. Reporting bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting bugs: I am currently running Windows 10 verison 20H2 and I am unable to connect to my mobile hotspot sometimes, it says "Unable to connect to this network, also Settings app freezes when we click on System....
  9. Report a bug

Report a bug: Hi all, I already posted before regarding frequent BSOD and unexpected crashing where we found out that the main cause was the RAM. We already replaced the RAM and when I turned on the PC, prior to logging in another BSOD event happened. It was pointing to the following...
  10. Reporting a Bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reporting a Bug.: In Activities, Bush trips, Patagonia, Leg 10, landing at Lacuna Redonda. After landing instead of getting a completion check, the program stops and I'm at my desk top. I tried to submit a bug report but the program is not either reading or accepting my E mail address. Can...