Windows 10: Lastpass fingerprint login has been broken now for 3 months

Discus and support Lastpass fingerprint login has been broken now for 3 months in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; LASTPASS FINGERPRINT LOGIN HAS BEEN BROKEN NOW FOR 3 MONTHS IN CHROME AND FIREFOX AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A CLUE ABOUT HOW TO FIX IT. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryL, Mar 5, 2021.

1. JerryL Win User

Lastpass fingerprint login has been broken now for 3 months

LASTPASS FINGERPRINT LOGIN HAS BEEN BROKEN NOW FOR 3 MONTHS IN CHROME AND FIREFOX AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A CLUE ABOUT HOW TO FIX IT.

I have been a very happy LastPass user for some time. I subscribe to the Premium service because I want the fingerprint login capability. (My vault key is 64 bytes long!) So, it's been very frustrating and annoying that this feature has been broken since December 2020 in their Chrome and Firefox extensions in Windows 10. I have communicated many times to tech support and they just give me boilerplate responses or a workaround that doesn't work.

For Firefox, you can rollback to version 4.58.0.4 (available directly from Mozilla) and it will work again. I presume an earlier version of the Chrome extension would work as well, except the only place that seems to have it is crx4chrome.com . But obviously, I'm not going to get this kind of thing from a 3rd party source.

This failure of LastPass should concern people more than their current change in policy to require Premium for syncing across devices, etc. (Frankly, I think that's entirely appropriate for them or any other similar product to do.) It really questions the caliber of their development team that they can't make a previously working feature work again when the problem is entirely in their own code. And that's a big worry with a security product as critically important as this.

[Using Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 build 16299.1029]

:)

JerryL, Mar 5, 2021

2. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2021
  3. LastPass

Installed LastPass for Internet Explorer but, every time I try to sign into LastPass it crashes Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?

SilverBack70, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Lastpass fingerprint login has been broken now for 3 months fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Lastpass fingerprint login has been broken now for 3 months - Similar Threads - Lastpass fingerprint login

2. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  3. Lastpass has amnesia.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lastpass has amnesia.: Hi there, Couple of months ago, lastpass started to forget to fill in name and password on about every site. Besides it was irritating I didn't think much of it. It was only a bit annoying. But now it forgets who I am. So I need to type my pretty long email address time and...
  4. My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now: My laptop has failed the most recent Windows update more than 30 consecutive times, and i have tried really hard to at least diagnose the problem, but all i know is that the error code is 0x80070003, and the troubleshooter has been as helpful as a waste of time in the form of...
  5. Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months: I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-not-been-updating-for-months/c20e3953-a073-4e4a-b87f-660b2a4eb875
  6. My Account has been Hacked on and off for months now ..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Account has been Hacked on and off for months now ..: I spent over 6 hours trying to rid of Facebook remove and strip 3 email accounts ..making phone calls ..i decided i would not use Gmail any more and go with Outlook or hot mail..so i signed up and kept my account boring lol..stripped .I had dinner plans with family at 5pm...
  7. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been BSOD for about a month now: My PC keeps on BSOD and its always because of ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys. I only blue screen when I am playing games. I have factory reset my PC and scanned my hard drive, used /sfc scan now and the lot. I just came here to see if anyone could help. ntoskrnl.exe:...
  8. Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.: I have an HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i5 processor which came pre-installed with Windows 10 and for the last few months it's been randomly freezing totally nearly everyday (on some days it freezes twice or rarely three times) and I have to shut down by holding the Power...
  9. Edge will not remember Lastpass login

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember Lastpass login: Windows 10 1703 15063.413 64 bit. Microsoft Edge opens every time with the default home page as set by me (google.com) and always opens a second window for a lastpass login. I have lastpass premium, and if I login, the lastpass icon turns red, and it works as expected....
  10. Lastpass auto login and form fill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lastpass auto login and form fill: Are their on-going issues with the Windows 10 extension for lastpass? If so, when can we expect a fix? 28964