Windows 10: Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all

Discus and support Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DonMurray, Aug 2, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all

Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate my spelling IS WRONG but when I right click on it then I am not offered the normal spelling replacements when I right click on the word. When I try to do searches for this problem I find all kinds of things but nothing that has to do with this new problem of so often no word shows up when right clicking. Anyone Else ? Win 10

:)

DonMurray, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

I'm afraid not - spell check works normally in my Firefox.

Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all [​IMG]

What do you see with a right-click? You can use the delay option in the Snipping Tool (as I did) to capture a screenshot.

Bree, Aug 2, 2020
  3. DonMurray Win User

Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate my spelling IS WRONG but when I right click on it then I am not offered the normal spelling replacements when I right click on the word. When I try to do searches for this problem I find all kinds of things but nothing that has to do with this new problem of so often no word shows up when right clicking. Anyone Else ? Win 10

DonMurray, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

When I see spelling issues I Copy the words and Paste them into a word processor such as Word, WordPerfect, WordPro, LibreOffice or another to check for correctness. It may be a browser's or Windows dictionary is non-functional or corrupted.

Berton, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all - Similar Threads - Lately spell checks

2. Spell check settings turned on in browsers and W10 yet not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check settings turned on in browsers and W10 yet not working,: The spell check settings are turned on in browsers Firefox, Chrome & Edge and toggled on in windows 10 under Typing but spell check does not work. I fiest noticed it when I was posting in Nextdoor and in Youtube places I try to get my spelling right. I also noticed that the...
  3. Spell check settings turned on in browsers and W10 yet not working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check settings turned on in browsers and W10 yet not working,: The spell check settings are turned on in browsers Firefox, Chrome & Edge and toggled on in windows 10 under Typing but spell check does not work. I fiest noticed it when I was posting in Nextdoor and in Youtube places I try to get my spelling right. I also noticed that the...
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  5. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  6. spell check not working

7. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  8. Spell check stopped working

Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  9. Torch browser spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Torch browser spell check not working: I have gone into the settings etc but it does not respond - it was working normally for ages and then just stopped. It did it before and then just started working again! Any ideas?...
  10. Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all: Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate my spelling IS WRONG but when I right click on it then I am not offered the normal spelling replacements when I right click on...