Windows 10: Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all

Discus and support Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Aug 1, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all

Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate my spelling IS WRONG but when I right click on it then I am not offered the normal spelling replacements when I right click on the word. When I try to do searches for this problem I find all kinds of things but nothing that has to do with this new problem of so often no word shows up when right clicking. Anyone Else ? Win 10

:)

DonMurray, Aug 1, 2020

2. Spell check

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to perform spell check. I would like to know that is the issue specific to some application or with all application.

If you are facing issue with the Office application then I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling and grammar

If issue is occurring while sending mail message then refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling in a Windows Mail message

Note: The article is for Windows Vista but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 1, 2020
  3. System Spell Check

Hi exaltedwombat. Welcome to TenForums @exaltedwombat

You say your settings are correct under devices. I would suggest to disable in Settings and then restart. Once restarted go in and enable. Worth a shot.

I assume it also does not perform spell check in browser, what browser do you use?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all

Spell check is not working on Twitter.

Hi Marie,

Windows should make necessary auto-correction if the Autocorrect misspelled words option in the Settings app is enabled. A built-in restriction on the website you are using could be a possible cause why the spell check is not working on it. For us to provide
    an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even when accessing the website using other web browsers, or is the issue isolated to a specific browser?
    • Is the spell check working before on the website you are using? If yes, what changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue on other websites?

To check if the issue is not with the built-in spell checker on your Windows 10, we suggest testing it on any Office application. Let us know if the spell check is also not working with the Office apps.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all

1. Lately spell checks in browsers act differnettly or do not werk at all - Similar Threads - Lately spell checks

2. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  3. Torch browser spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Torch browser spell check not working: I have gone into the settings etc but it does not respond - it was working normally for ages and then just stopped. It did it before and then just started working again! Any ideas?...
  4. Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all

in Browsers and Email
    Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all: Lately spell checks in browsers act differently or do not work at all. In Firefox and chrome both I have been noticing that the browser will indicate my spelling IS WRONG but when I right click on it then I am not offered the normal spelling replacements when I right click on...
  5. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check: Spell Check does not work in my Gmail,in web browser. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers. Note,Spell Check DOES work on this Microsoft Community forum! Thanks, A.W....
  6. Spell Check

Spell Check: Hello, My Spell Check is not working on Windows 10. I need help,please step by step details,please,as I am not good with computers. Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/5d67117c-2067-4e12-acf7-edf6a9552006
  7. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  8. Spell Check

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spell Check: For Wordpad and Notepad on Windows 10, is there a good spell checker to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/638b0279-f8fa-4180-ae28-e2d1f58d11c1"
  9. spell check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spell check: Do I have to pay for spell check? I can't even open a word document without it saying it has to close. It says some features are disabled. then tells me to repair or close and it still closes and I can't ever use it I just use word pad and I am a bad speller. I thought it was...
  10. spell check

spell check: I went to documents , word pad and cant find spell check. a ideas? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/ad261a61-5836-4e22-a9fe-0d92381deb53