Windows 10: Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones.

Discus and support Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I bought these wireless headphones (Sony WH CH500) and I paired them up with my android phone and they worked flawlessly. However, right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ali207715, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Ali207715 Win User

Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones.

So recently I bought these wireless headphones (Sony WH CH500) and I paired them up with my android phone and they worked flawlessly. However, right after pairing with my PC, which runs Windows 10, It has serious latency issues. Playing a youtube video the sound always delays and playing games is not even possible.

I understand that bluetooth headphones are bound to have delays but If theres a way to reduce the delay by even a bit that would be helpful.

P.S Here's a bunch of things I've already tried-

Removing and re installing bluetooth drivers

Restarting Bluetooth support service

Disabling handsfree mode for my headphones

Switching to "Generic Bluetooth adapter" in device manager

Running troubleshoots for bluetooth AND audio playback

But none have seem to have any effect.

:)

Ali207715, Oct 6, 2019

2. Bluetooth Headphones Latency Problem

So, when I watch a YouTube video, there is almost NO latency. But, when you play any game, the latency suddenly jumps up higher and it is noticeable.

The latency is around 150ms-200ms, which is a problem for me. However, with Youtube video, there is like 30ms-40ms. Let's say you shoot a gun in a game, when you shoot it, for a fraction of a second, you won't hear anything, then the sound renders in. This
    is a problem for me since my other wireless headphones won't work anymore, which I have to use my Bose Bluetooth headphones.

If there is a way to lower the latency when playing games, please tell me.

Dorklingshot, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Bluetooth for YouTube

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you able to listen to YouTube Videos on In-built speakers or external wired Speakers?

Have you tried playing Videos on Windows media player and check if the Headphone works fine?

Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?

Is this issue specific to Browser or App?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Please try to play the YouTube Videos without the Bluetooth Headphone.

If you using a Browser, try a different browser.

This guided walk-through provides steps to fix
    Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones.

Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones.

1. Latency (Audio delay) while playing Youtube or any other video using my bluetooth headphones. - Similar Threads - Latency Audio delay

2. Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?: I am trying to play some games but it seems the quality of headphones reduced just like talking on phone. Happening only on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dropped-quality-while-playing/088b7631-73b8-4de8-9524-939e658714b5
  3. Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones dropped quality while playing GTA 5 or any other games?: I am trying to play some games but it seems the quality of headphones reduced just like talking on phone. Happening only on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-dropped-quality-while-playing/088b7631-73b8-4de8-9524-939e658714b5
  4. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  5. Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio muted in other apps while using bluetooth headphones: I have a W11 issue started with W10 and over a year ago, HP laptop. I have it connected to Bluetooth headphones or earbuds that have a microphone. This has happened with multiple devices: Samsung buds, Marley headphones, MPOW headphones, all wireless and with mic.The...
  6. Youtube audio delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Youtube audio delay: Hello guys, this is my first post so i m having problem with my audio drivers, no matter which browser i use on Youtube there is delay exactly 2 seconds and then the audio starts, i reinstalled the drivers, i used eve windows drivers but my headphones are buzzing when i use...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Turn Off When Playing YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Turn Off When Playing YouTube Videos: ProblemWhenever I try to play YouTube videos with my Bluetooth headphones, the audio stops, my headphones turn off although the video keeps playing. I'm mostly use MS Edge but I've tried other browsers like Firefox and Chrome. This doesn't solve the problem. I've updated the...
  8. Audio Delay with Bluetooth Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Delay with Bluetooth Headphones: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on a laptop and my Galaxy Buds bluetooth earphones have a delay of about 0.5s which is really annoying. It doesn't happen with any videos on my phone, but Youtube on my PC is out of sync. Have googled this and can't seem to find a fix for why W10...
  9. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  10. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...