Windows 10: Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014')

Discus and support Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014') in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Initial issue: I wanted to see if I could play my bass and guitars in Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound system without latency. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Metallica93, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014')

Initial issue: I wanted to see if I could play my bass and guitars in Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound system without latency. My headphones (Audio-Technica ATH-M35), plugged into either the front or rear audio jacks (and using the same drivers as my sound bar), produced no discernible latency. The same could be said of my ViewSonic VX2457 monitor plugged in via DisplayPort (as H.D.M.I. tends to introduce latency). The monitor is currently using driver version 10.0.1.6 (11/16/2017) of AMD High Definition Audio Device and outputs my bass guitar as I play it.

Sound bar solution: Unfortunately, I was rather unscientific and changed too many variables at once. I swapped the S/PDIF cable with an analog one, I turned off the sound bar's sound effect processing, and I downloaded Realtek drivers that gave me the ability to use the Realtek HD Audio Manager again in Control Panel. I believe I downloaded the 64-bit version of the R2.82 drivers found here. In short, whatever I did? It worked!

Issue persists: Unfortunately, less than two weeks later, I unplugged my tower to clean it out, plugged it back in, and then performed the latest Windows updates. After doing so, my monitor stopped showing up as an audio device and latency was reintroduced back into Rocksmith 2014 via the sound bar. After spending almost a week on the issue (trying different drivers, resetting the sound bar, unplugging other audio devices, etc), I got fed up and did a clean install of Windows 10.

Now: While Microsoft's default drivers (High Definition Audio Device, 10.0.18362.356, 9/4/2019) offered slightly less latency, it still wasn't enough to make the sound bar usable again while playing. Considering I was able to use the sound bar perfectly before, I was convinced that this was a driver issue and not a hardware issue, so I went and downloaded the 64-bit R2.82 package from Realtek again (current driver version = 6.0.1.8186, 6/14/2017). Sadly, now Realtek HD Audio Manager isn't an option in Control Panel again nor does clicking the file "RtkNGUI64.exe" do anything (C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA).

TL;DR: Should I keep reverting back to older and older Realtek drivers to see if any solve my issue? If so, how do I know which drivers to download from the Microsoft Update Catalog? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this is an H.D.A. vs. U.A.D. issue or something else. It's been tough trying to narrow this issue down :/

All relevant hardware/Windows version are listed below.

:)

Metallica93, Apr 7, 2020

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 7, 2020
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Apr 7, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014')

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014')

1. Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014') - Similar Threads - Latency issue Realtek

2. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  3. Issue with realtek sound drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with realtek sound drivers: Hi,I purchased a new laptop MSI Alpha 15 AMD Advantage edition Windows 11 and it has this static noise from headphone jack only whenever I am about to use some application which has audio use from laptop. At the beginning of every app start, I get this Crack sound which is...
  4. Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4: I've recently bought a pair of Sony's WH-1000xM4 headphones to use with my Surface Pro X. I have managed to pair them using bluetooth and can get the sound output to work properly, but I can't seem to get them to work as an input device. The option exists to select them as an...
  5. Latency issues and occasional sound stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latency issues and occasional sound stutters: I've been looking everywhere and this is driving me crazy. I have submitted a feedback ticket for it, and have been using DPC Latency Checker. I am worried I am doing more harm than help. Does anyone have tips on how to make this stop? I edit video, and audio so it gets...
  6. Realtek Driver Sound issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Driver Sound issues: Hi All, I have a Dell Desktop with a Realtek Sound card. I use it primarily for recording music through a Guitar processor output to the Line IN jack on the back plate. I had an issue with it when it was new and Dell sent me links to drivers for the sound card and the...
  7. sound latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound latency issues: my laptop is a lenovo y530-ICH . I have serious sound latency issues. I have updated all drivers of software and hardware, set battery to performance, reinstalled Windows , disabled various applications , reinstalled drivers , made full scans, tried third party software, no...
  8. Extremely high sound latency issues

Extremely high sound latency issues: I'm having major sound latency issues, and I think I have isolated it to my SSD, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point. I have run LatencyMod and this is the report I get. Right now, storahci.sys seems to be the main culprit:...
  9. Realtek Stereo Sound Issues

Realtek Stereo Sound Issues: I started noticing that in games, some sounds aren't working properly. As an example, in 3D games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 2 and Dying Light, the positional audio for character dialog lowers in volume if you are not facing directly at the character. If I turn...
  10. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...