Windows 10: Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows

Discus and support Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I moved from MacOS to Windows 10 couple of weeks ago (Surface Pro 2017). And im still happy with that choise. all the programs (DAW) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RayBSD, Oct 13, 2018.

1. RayBSD Win User

Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows

Hello,

I moved from MacOS to Windows 10 couple of weeks ago (Surface Pro 2017).
    And im still happy with that choise. all the programs (DAW) are working perfect and ive linkted multiple Windows computer to each other true Ableton Link. The sync works perfect between the Windows PC.

Im now running into a issue....ive tried to sync some other MacOS and Linux PC with ableton link, which works.
    Computer are in sync....but my windows laptops (3 of them) are constantly a couple of ms out of sync. Looks like a latency issue.

While if i boot my surface pro 2017 with Linux then the sync works perfect, no latency issue.
    Ive tried multiple programs that uses "Ableton link", Like Bitwig, NI Machine 2, ableton 10 etc.etc.
    All of them has the same issue only in Windows.

Im not sure if this is a known issue for Windows and what to do with this issue.
    I need some advice, Please help me.

---

Ray

:)

RayBSD, Oct 13, 2018
  2. DavidY Win User

Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's

Hopefully an expert who knows more about DAWs than I do will come along.

As I understand it, a DAW is pretty much a whole lot of number-crunching, with added time pressure that it matters more if the numbers are crunched fractionally too slowly!

But it might make a difference if you tell us whether you're planning to record audio live (eg. a vocal) at the same time as using the keyboard, or just recording keyboard inputs, because latency (slight time delay caused by things being processed too slowly) is more of an issue with the former.

Which DAW do you have? Also , if you want to add a whole bunch of audio-processing effects it can sap the power.

I do have an oldish i5 laptop which I run with Ableton, but basically I don't know what I'm doing with it so I'm no expert!

DavidY, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Latency issue caused by dxgkrnl.sys and ndis.sys in Windows 10

Yeah, it's a combination of things.

My combination is this,

• CPU power saving / latency caused by this feature eliminated by setting a higher value for
      minimum processor state I've set 50% as minimum.
    • AIDA64 / some sensors can cause latency. Turning them off eliminates this problem "Fan divisor reconfiguration" and "Low-level SMART operations".
    • Network (ndis.sys) / only manage to reduce latency (I think) by changing some adapter settings.
    Like I've said before. The only way to fix this. Is if Microsoft works with the developers to remedy the problem. Either they don't know how to solve it, or they blame us for having 3rd party software. If this were Open Source developers it would have been
    fixed as soon as the second person raised the issue.

BTW, what software are you using to measure the latency, and what Windows version do you run? I never had this issue with versions prior to Windows 10.

blackkatt911, Oct 13, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Windows 10 High Latency issue

Screenshot of Stats and maybe even Processes

Eset (antivirus) seems to be one issue. I use the built in Windows Defender for AV and do not have any Latency Mon issues (actually no issues and I use my system for my recording studio DAW, too).

Also, if you are using Wi-Fi, temporarily disable that and see if it helps. Wi-fi is one known cause of crackling, pops, clicks, etc. There are many other potential causes, each one has to be addressed individually as there is no "one fix" for the problem.

fireberd, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Latency issue with AbletonSync Running a DAW in Windows - Similar Threads - Latency issue AbletonSync

2. High latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issues: Hi I’m getting extreme DCP latency, audio pop, crackle, distortion, frame drops, out of sync issues. I need to fix this ASAP for an animation music production project for my client. I’ve had this issue on and off for years with windows 10. Usually a rollback or fresh install...
  3. Latencymoon Audio DAW Interrupts high Latency ACPI.sys ntoskrnl.exe nvlddmkm.sys

Latencymoon Audio DAW Interrupts high Latency ACPI.sys ntoskrnl.exe nvlddmkm.sys: For all of u they have these interrupts especially during aduiostreaming also working in a DAWbased especially on Windows-Systems and caused by driver and sytem: I got fix the issue on my Laptop ASUS ROG JY751.for years i couldn't fix this isssue.first off all: the issue...
  4. Windows and DAW

Windows and DAW: Hello, im buying a genuine version on fl studio but i have an unofficial version of windows 10. Will i have any problems running a daw on a unnofficial version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-daw/8c554eca-d819-44bc-81b7-f7e078af40bc
  5. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem. This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I...
  6. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  7. sound latency issues

sound latency issues: my laptop is a lenovo y530-ICH . I have serious sound latency issues. I have updated all drivers of software and hardware, set battery to performance, reinstalled Windows , disabled various applications , reinstalled drivers , made full scans, tried third party software, no...
  8. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  9. Installing a DAW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing a DAW: Hello, I'm trying to install a DAW on my computer, I'm currently using Windows 10. The problem is that whatever DAW I try to install, when I open it for the first time, it keeps on loading and scanning plugins until I get an error message. That makes me think that there...
  10. Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to find an inexpensive laptop that will run DAW's: So I just started to compose music on my synthesizer and need a laptop to coordinate composition on my DAW software (digital audio workstation) and the hardware I will connect (keyboards). Can someone please tell me of an inexpensive laptop that will suffice for this. It's...