Windows 10: latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

Discus and support latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mythical, Apr 19, 2020.

1. mythical Win User

latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive ran a test on a program called latencymon and thats all ive got. let me know what tests i should do to help give more information about the problem and i will. ive been having the problem for like half a year now and its pissing me off. heres a picture that might help : (bios is last version btw). also ive gotten a lag that made the pc black screen and audio loop and i had to force restart!
    PARTS:
    amd ryzen 7 3700x
    rx 5700xt nitro +
    2x 1tb samsung qvo
    asus prime pro x470 motherboard
    2x8 3600mhz gskill ram

latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter [​IMG]

:)

mythical, Apr 19, 2020
  2. fusk Win User

Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare

Having the exact same problem. Realtek have release a new driver yesterday which i hope will help solve this super annoying issue.
    But that does not appear to be the case.
    Mine is atm looking like this.

Think i'll try the win7 drivers.

3. Psiyon Win User
    Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare

EDIT: Since a lot of people seem to be reading this (probably from google with the same problem), here's the tl;dr:
    >So far, no concrete fix.
    >Definitely a problem with the LAN card.
    >If you have a Realtek card, downgrading to Win7 drivers seem to lessen the amount of stutters.
    >Disabling all kinds of CPU throttling will make them less severe when they happen (But it will eat more power running at 100% all the time)

(Forgive me if this is the incorrect form, since DPC latency issues are related to drivers I figure this is the best place)

I've been having issues with random audio + video stuttering since I upgraded to Windows 10 Educational (x64) about 2 months ago now. Previously, I ran Windows 7 (x64) on nearly identical hardware without issue. The only new piece of hardware is a Samsung SSD, but due to the specific drivers causing latency, I'd find it exceptionally hard to believe that these stutters stem from a faulty drive.

Fortunately, I've managed to narrow the problem down, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point since nothing I do can actually fix it.

Here's all the relevant information:

>Stutters last anywhere from about 100ms to 500ms.

>I have used LatencyMon to narrow down some of the offending drivers: ndis.sys and tcpip.sys.
    ndis spike:

tcpip spike:

>This probably means it's something network related, so:
    -I have updated to the latest Windows 10 compatible network drivers for my on-board Realtek network adapter.
    -I have disabled all power-saving / idle shutdown settings for the network adapter in device manager.
    -I can't be 100% certain, but doing these two things seem to have slowed the rate at which the stuttering occurs. Instead of the usual 5-10 times per day, it's now down to around 3 times per day. (observed over the past week or so)

>Activating Windows 10's BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) seems to have a high likelihood of triggering a stutter.

-Probably 2/5 times there is a stutter, the event viewer will show the above event at the exact time the stutter occurred. Event 7040, settings BITS from demand start to auto start. This is the only event I have been able to directly correlate with the stutter. May be helpful, may not be.

>Unfortunately, there's more: sometimes, when a stutter occurs, LatencyMon will not pick it up. I'm not sure what this means. Perhaps there's some other process LatencyMon doesn't monitor that is causing these stutters? Or perhaps LatencyMon just crapped out for a second and didn't notice it?
    -This somewhat worries me that this might be the effect of more than one latency-related problem, but I can't know that for sure, so I'll keep assuming it's stemming from a single cause until there's direct evidence otherwise.

Any insight would be vastly appreciated. This has been driving me up the wall more and more each time it happens. It's gotten me killed more than once in games, and it also makes me freak out when composing music, thinking there are nasty buffer underruns going on. That, and it's just a general annoyance that I'd really love to see gone.

Relevant Hardware:
    >AMD FX 8350
    >Asrock 970 Extreme4
    >Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    >Asus Xonar DG Sound Card
    >GTX 770

Thanks a ton in advance.

Psiyon, Apr 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

High DPC latency causing audio stutters

Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP? - Windows 10 Forums

- which I posted above- 2 fixes, I think, related to storport.sys

Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803 Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Fix at #4

- which I also posted previously.

These may or may not be relevant in your case of course.

(I searched the forum for
    storport.sys latency
    storport.sys stutter

- you may find more)

Please advise if these help at all.

You could pm zinou to ask for help looking at your trace.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter - Similar Threads - latency issues random

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random Audio Stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Audio Stutter: So I've been having this problem for a while now,for example when I watch a youtube video and simultaneousely open a random program theres a chance my audio can stutter, or when windows is going through random processes in general (doesn't matter what it is).I'm wondering if...
  6. Latency issues and occasional sound stutters

Latency issues and occasional sound stutters: I've been looking everywhere and this is driving me crazy. I have submitted a feedback ticket for it, and have been using DPC Latency Checker. I am worried I am doing more harm than help. Does anyone have tips on how to make this stop? I edit video, and audio so it gets...
  7. Latency Issue - Stutters ingame, inputlag?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latency Issue - Stutters ingame, inputlag?: Hello, i'm a very sensitive person when it comes to stutters or lags when playing games. My problem is, that my dpc latency doesnt seem to be right and i suspect something wrong with a driver... I've tested different drivers of nearly anything i can imagine but it didnt...
  8. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  9. DPC Latency, stuttering and random freezing

DPC Latency, stuttering and random freezing: Hi, Bit of a story, but my z97 itx motherboard, and I was not able to replace it, so I got a z170 + 6700 thinking everything was going to be okay. Now that I've installed it, I'm experiencing massive DCP latency, stuttering and random freezes (no overheating). First...
  10. Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare

Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare: EDIT: Since a lot of people seem to be reading this (probably from google with the same problem), here's the tl;dr: >So far, no concrete fix. >Definitely a problem with the LAN card. >If you have a Realtek card, downgrading to Win7 drivers seem to lessen the amount of...