Windows 10: Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Discus and support Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bmwcontracting, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do my audio recording without any noticeable latency, but now, I can't listen and record at the same time.

***Original title: Audio Driver sound latency***

:)

bmwcontracting, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Audio Recording Issues

Hi,

Allow us to verify some details so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Was there a particular error message every time the recording is paused?
    • Have you tried running the Recording Audio troubleshooter to check if it would help?
    If you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Troubleshooting, hit Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Recording Audio and then click
      Next
    We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC

1. Latency issues with Audio recording on the PC - Similar Threads - Latency issues Audio

2. Eliminate DPC Latency For Smooth Audio Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminate DPC Latency For Smooth Audio Recording: Hey guys and gals!How do I eliminate DPC latency in audio recordings? Are there specific drivers I need to have updated for my machine to work smoothly with a Focusrite Scarlet18I20 audio interface? It's on a USB hub connected to one of the two USB 3.0 ports. Yet it seems...
  3. Eliminate DPC Latency For Smooth Audio Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate DPC Latency For Smooth Audio Recording: Hey guys and gals!How do I eliminate DPC latency in audio recordings? Are there specific drivers I need to have updated for my machine to work smoothly with a Focusrite Scarlet18I20 audio interface? It's on a USB hub connected to one of the two USB 3.0 ports. Yet it seems...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  5. Audio latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem. This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I...
  6. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  7. Audio/DPC latency and performance issues

Audio/DPC latency and performance issues: for the past couple of weeks i've been getting weird almost crackling noises on my laptop and i assumed the speakers were going until they persisted with headphones as well. Here's my LatencyMon...
  8. DPC Latency woes - Windows 10 audio recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC Latency woes - Windows 10 audio recording: Hello, As an introduction, I am nearly at my wit's end with this DPC Latency issue on my Windows 10 PC. I mainly notice this issue when recording or playing back audio within Reaper, my DAW of choice, using a Pre-Sonus Audiobox USB. What seems to be at random, I will have...
  9. Recording audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording audio issues: So I've had some audio equipment for a few months and I'd like to try vocals over some stuff but can't seem to get windows to recognize any microphone I use. The only time I can get any input from the microphones is when I listen to them through my headphones. I don't...
  10. pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pls help with audio and graphics issues - latency issue?: Hey all, thank you to all who respond to this, I am desperate! I bought an Asus N550J laptop a year ago, came with Windows 8, and everything was flawless until I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then I have had crackly sounds and stuttering video playback. I thought at first...