Windows 10: Latency Monitor - Please Review

Discus and support Latency Monitor - Please Review in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System: Windows 10 64-bit ASUS z170-AR ASUS GTX 1060 6GB Turbo EVGA 700w 80Plus Bronze PSU Corsair 3200mhz LED RAM @ 2x 8GB Corsair h90 liquid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corie, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Corie Win User

Latency Monitor - Please Review

System:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    ASUS z170-AR
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB Turbo
    EVGA 700w 80Plus Bronze PSU
    Corsair 3200mhz LED RAM @ 2x 8GB
    Corsair h90 liquid cooler
    Intel 600 series 256GB m.2
    Seagate FireCude 2TB SSD HDD

‪LatencyMon‬‏ - Google Drive

Hello all, first post and i hope i am in the right spot!
    I am having issues with latency. originally i thought it was hardware but i''ve tried everything, ground loop isolators, different wall points etc. whilst gaming, or listening to music, the audio crackles and sometimes lags for a second. i dont have wifi at all on my computer. one thing i noticed, especially, when opening google chrome whilst listening to music, as it loads, its very noticeable. i'm hoping what i have attached can give some insight to my problem, any other information required, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 thing worth noting, when i install my Sound Blaster Audigy FX sound card, and disable both Nvidia high def drivers and realtek drivers, it is actually a lot worse, audio is terrible and cannot hear words in songs, etc. I purchased the sound card to get away from possible onboard issues, no fix. Might add the system is literally about 3 weeks old. just built

:)

Corie, Nov 22, 2016

2. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues - SweetCare | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker - Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

DPC Latency Checker

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Extremely high DPC Latency from Directx Graphics Kernel since Anniversary Update.

For me this was not a Microsoft problem. I am using a Dell and Samsung Monitor 1920 x 1200 which Ableton considers high DPI. The fonts do not scale well and it increases latency. If I set my monitor to 1024 x768 the problem is gone. I tried setting the shortcut
    not to allow scaling but in my case it did not work.

Ableton is is aware of the problem and working on a fix. Come on Ableton no one uses 1024 x 768 resolutions anymore. Retina Monitors go even higher.

We we all enjoy your software but support for high DPI monitors should be a top priority for you.

Deapite the latency momitor showing 1.7 of latency I don't hear any clicks or drop outs so I can wait for the fix.

JamesVBandes, Nov 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, ndis.sys high latency is often related in some manner to a WLAN card or adapter. I don't know if you have one, and you have a desktop, so that may not be so in your case.
    ndis.sys- High DPC latenecy / High DPC CPU usage - Sysinternals Forums
    DPC latency - NDIS.SYS -

I've attached some notes and references.
    Stuttering- pops crackles.doc

Bitdefender's port scan has been a culprit, but I think you're using AVG.

This can be difficult to resolve. As you can see there are other threads on the forum - feel free to search for
    stutter
    latency
    for example.

Can you also post a screenshot of your task manager when your PC is nominally idle, highest resource using items at top of any relevant columns (Organise by clicking the relevant tab).

dalchina, Nov 22, 2016
  5. Corie Win User
    ‪TaskManager‬‏ - Google Drive

is this the screenshot you're looking for of my task manager ? i'm also having major dramas with hdaudbus.sys after playing battlefield 1 it sits at 8.8ms

Corie, Nov 22, 2016
  6. Corie Win User
    Corie, Nov 22, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hello, sorry, that appears to be possibly 710Mb of download.

Task manager: like this:

Latency Monitor - Please Review [​IMG]

Note:
    1. Use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post to add images- much easier to follow and access. (Mouseover tooltip = Insert image).
    2. The above is organised by CPU use highest.

Please do read through the document I posted, which collates a good number of threads reporting this sort of issue, and see if any suggestions there help.

And do please advise if you have Wifi on your desktop. (see above).

dalchina, Nov 22, 2016
  8. Corie Win User

Latency Monitor - Please Review [​IMG]
    uhhh, so much easier! here we go, and also no, im not running WLAN/ WIFI

Corie, Nov 22, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Can you confirm your Chrome is later than this?
    Google Chrome Update Fixes Audio Stutter - Windows 10 Forums

System doesn't normally use as much as that. Do you know what Monitor is?

Can you confirm you have read through the doc file and threads I posted above?

Try running Latency Mon in Safe Mode and after a clean boot, and advise if any significant change.

Read this:
    DPC latency issue (crackling audio) dxgkrnl.sys - Windows 7 x86 SP1
    - you will see this (somewhat similar) despite extended attempts doesn't seem to get anywhere, alas. However, you may get better support for this issue there.

Note the comment about the video card and its effect. In your last screenshot of Latency mon, the top driver is NVIDIA, I believe.

Solving DPC Latency Issues | SweetCare
    Here is a shortcut list of what we’ve seen in the past that may help you narrow it down.

ndis.sys = network or wi-fi adapters. Try disabling Wifi and network adapters in device manager.
    - i.e. try disabling your ethernet too as an experiment.

nvlddmkm.sys = These are your video card drivers. Visit Artificial Intelligence Computing Leadership from NVIDIA and locate the latest drivers for your video card and update them. Double check for IRQ conflicts between your video card and other devices on your system, particularly the IEEE 1394 Controller. On certain computers these may also be related to your motherboard chipset drivers.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latency Monitor - Please Review - Similar Threads - Latency Monitor Please

2. Please review casec1056272336

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please review casec1056272336: I need help to reset my PC has been hacked when can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-review-casec1056272336/ab179501-a709-4209-8e20-95b18ca5e28c
  3. Please review casec1056272336

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please review casec1056272336: I need help to reset my PC has been hacked when can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-review-casec1056272336/ab179501-a709-4209-8e20-95b18ca5e28c
  4. Please review casec1056272336

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please review my DxDiag notepad; consistent crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please review my DxDiag notepad; consistent crashing.: Please review my DxDiag notepad. I have been experiencing a lot of crashing when playing games such as MW2, Madden 22, and Fortnite. At first, MW2 quit working then Madden and Fortnite was a couple weeks after. I have tried unplugging each stick of ram, updated my...
  6. I need to find a site that reviews ... - Please read

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to find a site that reviews ... - Please read: Hi, I'm not sure if this should be in "Performance & Maintenance" thread or here or?? maybe the mods can move my post to the correct place or tell me where to post questions like this but my question is: - I need a site like these that review specifically what I need and I...
  7. Outlook (365) on Android - reviews please

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook (365) on Android - reviews please: I was considering to install Outlook for Android on my smartphone, but before doing so I checked out reviews. It all looked promising so I went over the Google Play Store using my smartphone. Installed . . . (?) Contains adds ? (Also for 365 subscriptions?) Scrolled down...
  8. Dual monitor latency issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor latency issues: So this is kind of weird. I have one 1440p 165hz monitor, and one 1080p 60hz monitor. My second monitor (the 1080p one) has latency when scrolling, dragging windows, etc. If I set the second monitor to be the main display in the windows display settings, BOTH monitors are lag...
  9. Please review minidump - ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please review minidump - ntoskrnl bsod: Minidump files can be found at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkyF9KTuD2MFjHq9RkGAnQi2EIIQ?e=gLFpPS Please help diagnose what they can tell me is causing my BSOD. Thanks...
  10. Cant get rid of latency/crackles, Latency monitor report enclosed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant get rid of latency/crackles, Latency monitor report enclosed: Hi all, apologies for the length, trying to enclose as much info as possible. I have an external firewire audio interface that I use with music keyboard and various music software. Having problems with latency. It sounds like a static type crackle, cant seem to get to the...