Windows 10: Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803

Discus and support Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After the upgrade last spring to version 1803 my PC began to experience latency issues. Audio popping, lagging & stuttering. I have since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dogpark, Oct 27, 2018.

1. dogpark Win User

Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803

Hi,

After the upgrade last spring to version 1803 my PC began to experience latency issues. Audio popping, lagging & stuttering. I have since installed many different OS’s (Linux too) on this old Dell Studio desktop (x58 chipset, i7-950, SSD) & can verify the problem started with 1803. I am currently on 1709 & the PC is running great. I have deferred feature updates for 365 days & found the WU mini tool, thanks much to the folks who post here.

Support for version 1709 runs thru spring of 2019. Hoping I can resolve this before then.

Here’s some of Latencymon while on version 1803. USBPORT.SYS & STORPORT.SYS look like the culprits:
    Code: CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:41:34 (h:mm:ss) on all processors. SYSTEM INFORMATION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Computer name: DESKTOP-CM5L6R0 OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64) Hardware: Studio XPS 435MT, Dell Inc., 0R849J CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz Logical processors: 8 Processor groups: 1 RAM: 12279 MB total REPORTED ISRs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal. Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 124.100686 Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.000748 Driver with highest ISR total time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.001210 ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 38724 ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED DPCs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution. Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 102710.407650 Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.174750 Driver with highest DPC total execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.225411 DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2603818 DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 23 DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution. NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit. Process with highest pagefault count: acrord32.exe Total number of hard pagefaults 13403 Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 2381 Number of processes hit: 59[/quote]
    I installed 1803 again (1809 first, just in case the latency issue had been fixed) & then installed the Intel chipset drivers: INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets. Received message stating install successful but still the latency issues persist.

Honestly have no idea what I’m doing here & hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Southbridge on X58 is ICH10R, where I’m assuming the problem resides. Did Intel/Microsoft finally drop support in 1803?

Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803 [​IMG]

Found year old threads regarding RST ICH10R driver & BSOD on the Intel forums No BSOD here & those posts occurred in the Creators Update, or the one I’m on now.
    Way back when adding the SSD (Win7) I removed the RST drivers, seems they weren’t necessary. Did just install them on both versions 1803 & 1809 tho, made no difference regarding latency. Don’t think those threads apply to me…

Am I not understanding the drivers at fault?

Hey, thanks for any help

:)

dogpark, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    2. Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    version 1803

I too manually updated to 1803 using the ISO. But I was confident that it would be successful as the 'Features Update to Windows 10, version 1803' was listed from day one when I manually checked for updates. If it doesn't appear there it doesn't necessarily mean the upgrade will fail, but it does increase the risk that it may.

Glad to hear 1803 is working for you. *Thumbs

4. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803 - Similar Threads - Latency problems upgrade

2. After Upgrade to 19041 version problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade to 19041 version problem: Hello,Last Friday upgraded system to 19041, but I think I went into a trap.Here it is:After making all available backups and image, mounted the iso file and started the setup.All the time I was offline, internet disconnected.After about 40 minutes had the system back,...
  3. After Upgrade to 19041 version problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After Upgrade to 19041 version problem: Hello,Last Friday upgraded system to 19041, but I think I went into a trap.Here it is:After making all available backups and image, mounted the iso file and started the setup.All the time I was offline, internet disconnected.After about 40 minutes had the system back,...
  4. Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems After Upgrading to Version 2004: My Dell PC upgraded itself to Version 2004 about four days ago 1 or 2 Sep. Since then, I have had problems that seem to come up overnight. For instance this morning Firefox had crashed and there were four Exception messages stacked up on the screen. When I cleared all of...
  5. Upgrade to which version from 1803

Upgrade to which version from 1803: Hello,I would like to ask you pros for advice:My system now is win 10 pro 1803. I read that MS will stop updates on Nov 2019.I have already downloaded from MS the 1809 and 1903 ISO files. So I will ask for your advice, upgrade to 1809, see if I 'like' it, or upgrade right to...
  6. Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade

in Cortana
    Cortana problems after 1803 -> 1903 upgrade: Hello! I use the search function to launch programs *a lot*. Until today that was the same Start menu icon as Cortana. Now there are separate menu items. I've accidentally been clicking Cortana, *a lot*, and everytime it yells at me to set it up. I'm not going to do that....
  7. Upgrading from version 1803 to version 1903

Upgrading from version 1803 to version 1903: I cannot get my Windows 10 desktop to install feature upgrade version 1903. I'm stuck on 1803 and can't find a way to upgrade to 1903. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-version-1803-to-version-1903/81fc59a5-1ecb-45a8-a9b1-c199ab21917a
  8. Upgrade from 1709 to 1803 version

Upgrade from 1709 to 1803 version: Hello,While searching for the win 10 1803 upgrade (again, not online), I found from this site: "https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-10-1803-iso-file-after-1809-releases/" how to download the iso file from microsoft. Followed instructions and using Chrome, downloaded the...
  9. Upgrade windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade windows 10 version 1803: My computer has windows 10 version 1803. In order to use the microsoft remote desktop, I need to have windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher. How can I upgrade my 1803 version. Thank you...
  10. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...