Windows 10: Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates

Discus and support Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the last week it seems several updates have been pushed to my Win10 laptop and now I have significant latency issues affecting overall sluggishness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceW268, Jan 21, 2019.

1. BruceW268 Win User

Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates

In the last week it seems several updates have been pushed to my Win10 laptop and now I have significant latency issues affecting overall sluggishness and streaming audio (not locally stored media). The latency monitor identifies ndis.sys as the latency hog. dxgkrnl.sys seems to be the IRS hog. How can I resolve this, either by rolling back ndis.sys or to a previous OS version or other?

The last updates were KB4480979, KB4480056, KB4462930, though the problem seems to have started with a large update a day before that, which Update History does not want to show me.

Latency report follows:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:13:15 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: BRUCE-ASUSU36

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)

Hardware: U36SG, ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Logical processors: 4

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 8097 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 2494 MHz

Measured CPU speed: 13 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 22185.20

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 17.867951

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 22168.70

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 4.546608

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 95.338813

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.021710

Driver with highest ISR total time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.026801

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 74252

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 23189.880914

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.081553

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.310654

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 660787

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 2262

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 146

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 38

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: none

Total number of hard pagefaults 0

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0

Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 0.0

Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.0

Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 18.115109

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 95.338813

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.844542

CPU 0 ISR count: 73556

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 23189.880914

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 8.151670

CPU 0 DPC count: 569036

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3.991986

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 25.304330

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.006890

CPU 1 ISR count: 636

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 3587.144346

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.471633

CPU 1 DPC count: 20087

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 5.790766

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 24.483561

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000975

CPU 2 ISR count: 60

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 2222.358460

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.824474

CPU 2 DPC count: 52741

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 4.049652

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1997.864876

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.432761

CPU 3 DPC count: 21376

:)

BruceW268, Jan 21, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 21, 2019
  3. swamphox Win User
    How to use Performance Monitor to diagnose DPC Latency

I have serious audio latency problems like a lot of other people using win10. I don't know what to look for using Win Perf. Mon. I have a couple violators that are pegged on the graph of Latency monitor. I have the latency Mon. Stats in text form and will
    post if someone needs it. This is beyond frustrating. New machine, new win10 install. Updated bios. All drivers updated.
    Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates f2ac19cd-fa7e-4768-83ee-bf789ee0cff7?upload=true.png

swamphox, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Latency problems since last couple Win10 updates - Similar Threads - Latency problems since

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  4. Problems with last WIN10 UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with last WIN10 UPDATES: I would like to see updates that don't require subsequent updates to fix the previous one. I decided to return to auto updates, hoping problems still didn't exist. I have two computers now that won't run Chrome properly or at all... that may have been the intention....
  5. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  6. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  7. printing problem since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  8. Bootcamp WiFi Intermittent since last update to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootcamp WiFi Intermittent since last update to Win10: Hello. I am not sure why the WiFi is now intermittent after the last Windows 10 update. I have reverted the driver for it, reinstalled it, turned off power management on it and it is still not working. Thanks for any ideas. Farzad [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538