Windows 10: later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access

Discus and support later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello to everyone just have a problem i have reset my computer and later of the set up and etc when want to plug in in specific USB HDD all them get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xpshell, Jul 4, 2020.

1. xpshell Win User

later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access

Hello to everyone

just have a problem i have reset my computer and later of the set up and etc when want to plug in in specific USB HDD all them get denied access, i have attempted everything but all goes to denied access and denied or wrong command line , i just have an HP laptop running windows 10 2004 version compilation 19041.329.

the most strange thing is in other computers just works fine those same USB hard disk drives with the same windows version. also have reset twice the laptop and still with the same problem.

any help would be welcomed.

best regards

:)

xpshell, Jul 4, 2020
  2. rafflan Win User

Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer

Hi!

Thanks for you answer. When I ran the icacls on the D drive which is my USB drive which appeared after I plugged it in, I get "Access denied" in Swedish so I can't seem to have permissions to run it on that drive, which is really weird. I opened my cmd as administrator, and I can view permissions of my C drive without any errors.

later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access [​IMG]

Really weird because I tried using that USB stick between two other computers today and it worked perfectly, so it must have happened something between my computer and that USB stick.

rafflan, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

Interesting, looks like you have inadvertently set something on this PC that's denying access to this particular usb. There is of course no security tab for a Fat32 usb stick, but you can check permissions from a command prompt. Type the command ICACLS D:

When I do that for a Fat32 usb I get 'No permissions are set. All users have full control'. For an ntfs internal partition I get a list of permissions. Here the E: drive is my usb stick and D: is an internal drive.

If you see anything at all for your D: usb, then try the command icacls D: /reset /T /C

Warning make sure that D: really is your usb stick before using this, you don't want to reset permissions for one of your other drives by mistake.

Bree, Jul 4, 2020
  4. rafflan Win User

I followed the first step there, with one modification(I used NTFS instead of Fat32 when selecting the new primary, does it have to be Fat32?), but still get access denied on D drive when I have the USB drive inserted into my computer.

Screenshot below shows how it looks inside diskmgmt.msc right now, and it says it doesn't have any error, so it should not be unallocated now.

rafflan, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access - Similar Threads - later reset computer

2. denied access to my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    denied access to my files: What are the crosses that deny access to my files in explorer. How do I get rid of them so that I can open my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-access-to-my-files/b9b8317e-8ffc-4602-ad09-8d464d219189
  3. access denied to external hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to external hdd: I have an HP desktop with a ssd for a boot drive and I have been using an external hdd as my write to drive. An update caused BSOD and I had to do a fresh install of win 10, now I get the access denied 0x80070005 code when I try to change where new content is saved. All...
  4. Can’t access my computer at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t access my computer at all: I cant bring my laptop back from sleep mode. I use a newly bought acer swift 3 laptop with windows 10. I bought it about 3 months ago and set up both a password and a pin along with fingerprint. Just 30 minutes ago the laptop went into sleep mode and i can’t bring it back...
  5. USB Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Access is denied: I've recently bought a brand new PC with Windows 10 Home. I've set everything up then plugged in my USB, an error message popped up saying that 'Access is denied'. I've looked everywhere but no luck. Anyone can help me? My account is an administrative account and when I...
  6. Access Denied: cut off from my USB drives

Access Denied: cut off from my USB drives: My PC was fine until Friday. It's an HP Laptop, running Windows 10, 64 Bit. I generally have two external hard drives mounted, and I occasionally also connect a CD/DVD drive. This past Friday I connected the CD/DVD drive and Windows didn't pick it up. So I rebooted. After...
  7. Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer

Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer: Hi! What may be the reason I can't open an USB on my computer but my friend can with his computer? I get "Access denied" on the D-drive, and I right clicked to check ownership of it but couldn't change it there. It looks like I should have access to it but have no idea. Both...
  8. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files: Oh dear. Windows spent hours updating my system overnight and I find that "Access is denied" to all my Office 365 Word files. I can access Word itself OK. Help, what should I do please?...
  9. Access denied to entire HDD

Access denied to entire HDD: I recently reinstalled windows on a new SSD, but still have my old HDD attached for storage purposes. Once I formatted the old HDD I no longer have any permissions with it despite being the sole user and administrator on the computer. I have tried changing ownership like many...
  10. I can't access my USB at all!

I can't access my USB at all!: So recently I plugged in a brand new USB I had never used before and it worked just fine. The next day was when I had problems. I tried downloading an art program on the first day and everything was good so I safely ejected the USB and turned my computer off for the night....