Windows 10: Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

Discus and support Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking to get some support over an issue I've recently got with the new 20H2 update. I've recently changed my boot drive with an NVMe SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VladEV, Nov 17, 2020.

1. VladEV Win User

Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

Hi,

I am looking to get some support over an issue I've recently got with the new 20H2 update.
    I've recently changed my boot drive with an NVMe SSD and installed the newest Windows update20H2 from Microsoft iso file/entitlement package.

My issues started at the very first log on, with my desktop glitching the second I moved my mouse around or clicked anywhere.
    The mouse was either stuttering or causing my screen to go black for a second, just like there was an issue with my GPU.

*To be mentioned that I have a Logitech G102 mouse with all drivers updated and Logitech G Hub installed
    -the main issue was actually the polling rate which by default was set to 1000 at which point Windows was unusable. A 'fix' was to set the rate down to 125 but it still glitches from time to time especially when I open apps such as browsers with a lot of tabs open.

The reason why I am suspecting this update to be the root cause is because I have already tried two different boot drives on my laptop with the 1903 update and can confirm that there is no issue with those one an SSD and one HDD.
    I also thought my NVMe could somehow affect my stability but I am not seeing any issues with any other mouse or my laptops integrated track pad. Already tried on three different mice without running into any issues. I even took my mouse back to warranty and swapped it with a new one. IT Support from the store tried using my old one on a 1803 build and again didn't run into any issue.

I would like to know if there is a fix for this, because at this point I do not want to install an older update on my system since I've installed 20H2 via an iso on a new drive ..so reverting this update is impossible from what I know. I tried to remove it from Installed Updates in Control Panel but I do not have the option to uninstall it.

Things I already tried include:

• update BIOS or try an older version
    • update GPU drivers along with other system updates
    • power drain my laptop
    • remove or update mouse drivers / use the mouse without any drivers

PC Specs:
      HP Pavilion 15 cx0001nq 144hz8GB
      I5 8300HKingston A2000 NVMe M.2

Thanks,
      Vlad

:)

VladEV, Nov 17, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Vista Compatibility, Reliability, and Stability Patch Released

Following the DirectX 9.0C November patch, Microsoft has also released a new update for Windows Vista that improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of the OS. Download links for Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit.

This update includes the following improvements:
    • It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
    • It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
    • It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
    • It improves the stability of wireless network services.
    • It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
    • It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
    • It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
    • It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell.
    This update also resolves the following issues in Windows Vista:
    • A compatibility issue that affects some third-party antivirus software applications.
    • A reliability issue that occurs when a Windows Vista-based computer uses certain network driver configurations.
    Source: Microsoft

malware, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues

1. Latest 20H2 update causing Windows stability issues - Similar Threads - Latest 20H2 update

2. Windows Update to 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update to 20H2 issue: Attempting to upgrade a Windows 10 1809 system to 20H2 but it failed. I have upgraded other systems successfully so this seems to be a one off at the moment. Below is the contents of the setuperr.log file. Can anyone please help me decipher what the root issue is?2021-09-01...
  3. 20H2 Update Causing Issues

20H2 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I clean installed 20H2 and ever since then I have been facing the below issues constantly: 1. Intermittent BSOD 2. Browser tab crashing intermittently Firefox, and Chrome 3. Error when trying to download games using EA Origin I am unable to revert to the previous...
  4. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  5. Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues: Over the last few weeks, users have reported that a new Windows 10 update bug appears to have broken Check Disk, one of the most useful command line-based tools that Microsoft ships with the OS. For those unaware, the ‘Check Disk’ command can be initiated by both the user...
  6. Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2

Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2: check for updates don't show any new updates did troubleshoot windows update, it couldn't find anything wrong tried running windows 10 update assistant, it states that this pc can't be upgraded to the latest version pc is hp 440 G4 anything i can try here ? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 20H2 update causing serious hanging issues - unusable: I have a machine which has just been updated to 20H2 build 19042.630 and it has rendered my machine unusable. Almost any operation which interreacts with the "file open/save" dialog box causes the application using that to "hang". Task Manager says the process is "Not...
  8. Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 20H2 update causing boot issues: I installed the 20H2 update last week but since then every time I boot my computer it doesn't boot to Windows, instead I get a message saying "Please enter setup to recover BIOS settings". I then go to BIOS and exit without changing anything and it boots. It also makes me...
  9. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80
  10. Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update causes SSD Issues.: Hi, Just wanted to raise an issue that the latest windows update causes a hard drive error on my SSD, and leads to windows not starting up properly. In view of this, I managed to uninstall the latest update and now the errors are gone. As such, can I clarify if I am able to...