Windows 10: Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Discus and support Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well... In my case it went smooth too, all my chipset drivers are up to date as well as the GPU, all working pretty smooth AH! Just before I forget,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2015.

1. FerchogtX Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Well... In my case it went smooth too, all my chipset drivers are up to date as well as the GPU, all working pretty smooth

AH! Just before I forget, are you guys updating your SATA controller as well? You have to do it manually via Device Manager and point to the drivers folder in the chipset install directory, but worths it, even spinners benefit for a slight speed gain if you update from the generic AHCI driver from Microsoft.

FerchogtX, Dec 14, 2017
  2. stormy13 Win User

That's the one thing with this chipset package, there is no SATA driver in it. To get the latest you have to have installed the 17.30.

stormy13, Dec 14, 2017
  3. FerchogtX Win User
    True that, that's why I keep my 17.30 copy just in case...

FerchogtX, Dec 14, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

When I get some time, I'll use DDU and clean all drivers away and start from beginning. To be exact, I didn't just update drivers but choose Clean Install when asked.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2017
  5. I heard more people over at overclock.net with the same problem. Some of them fixed it by deleting the AMD folder or run the AMD cleanup tool.

hurricane28, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Can't update my SATA controller man, it keeps saying that its from 03-09-2015 version 1.2.1.402.

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released [​IMG]

7. CountMike New Member
    Mine are newer but judging by date those are standard MS drivers. Drivers with that date are intentionally time stamped like that for compatibility reasons and that's not real date.

What I did to remedy my problems is to use DDU to clean out all AMD drivers, installed earlier chipset drivers and updated them (just update, no clean install). After that I installed Adrenalin , 17.12.1 GPU drivers which at first showed an error installing Relive that that got fixed automatically after few minutes after clicking on Relive option.
    Now it looks OK.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2017
  8. FerchogtX Win User

Yeah, those are standard MS drivers. Even if it says 2015, you should use the AMD set, it performs better in some I/O operations with the disk (I use Photoshop and CSP, I really notice the difference)

If you have more than one (Unless the second is controlled by another chip, which I doubt) both should be using AMD drivers.

This is mine, are exactly the same as yours, @hurricane28, so you are fine.

FerchogtX, Dec 14, 2017
  9. Indeed, it does not update automatically for whatever reason, updating it made hell of a difference, especially on laptops, booting went from 2 minutes to like 40 seconds. When people complain about a long black screen before logon, it is usually caused by the generic AHCI driver. I keep SATA and SMBus drivers at hand, there is no need for the whole package. *Wink

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  10. Yep, we're good *Biggrin

11. FerchogtX Win User
    Exactly that... that's why I have no need for Hybrid boot, my laptop boots fast enough with the correct drivers.

Still, you should apply the full package, because there are other system drivers that should be updated as well to increase performance and reduce the possibility of crashes:

See this? They should be the same driver date as your SMBus, to ensure you run smoothly. In other cases, seems there is also a PCI Bus driver that should be updated, in case it appears under system devices, if it's not (normal) you should update it manually, as you do with AHCI controllers...

AMD PCI Express (3GIO) Filter and PCI Bus Driver requires manually updating. | guru3D Forums

Still applied for some systems... mine doesn't have this anymore after my BIOS update.

In short, you still need the full package, I install it to make sure I have everything in order. Probably you can just skip the Radeon Settings instalation in case you don't need to tweak the VGA settings (Personally I like to play with Virtual Resolution XD)

FerchogtX, Dec 14, 2017
  12. I install it, because of USB driver, the other drivers do not apply to mine PC. Driver Easy alerts me, if something is missing.

TairikuOkami, Dec 14, 2017
  13. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

I have to MS drivers, I'd try to install those drivers you posted but it says that the best driver is already installed, where the drivers are suppose to be to download?

Christoph34, Dec 18, 2017
  14. FerchogtX Win User
    Check if this works for you... seems it includes the AHCI drivers.
    Legacy

Extract, and use device mannager to manually upgrade the SATA controller.

FerchogtX, Dec 19, 2017
  15. those are way older, I'll what happens

Christoph34, Dec 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released - Similar Threads - Latest AMD Chipset

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows: Recently re-built my gaming pc with the following, however I am having issues with either windows 10 or a driver issue I am here hoping someone can give some information or guidance on this. Specs 5900x MSI X570 Godlike latest bios, and reset NOTHING Changed Asus 2080ti...
  4. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  5. Intel INC released latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 to the public for windows 10...

Intel INC released latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 to the public for windows 10...: On 07th May 2020, intel inc released the latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 public with setup.exe including .inf file. location of the inf is E:\chipset-10.1.18383.8213-public-mup\DriverFiles\production\Windows10-x64 You can install in two ways. 01 by executing...
  6. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  7. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  8. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...
  9. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  10. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...